Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Bluetooth controls

all controls on my Bluetooth headset worked fine on my Huawei for about a month then last week the pause/skip function stopped (volume Ok). Headset controls work on other phone apps also on Spotify on other phones...so it's not the headset. Have rein...

• Music Fan
  • all controls on my Bluetooth headset worked fine on my Huawei for about a month then last week the pause/skip function stopped (volume Ok). Headset controls work on other phone apps also on Spotify o...
  • patdriessen
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Not working

My spotify hasn't been working on my android phone for a couple days. Tried deleting my app and re-installing but still not working. Any suggestions?

• My spotify hasn't been working on my android phone for a couple days. Tried deleting my app and re-installing but still not working. Any suggestions?
  • Fenbain
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Android app downloading EVERYTHING!

Hello, I've been using spotify premium on my galaxy note 2 for years now but my phone memory is full of spotify albums and the phone is becoming unusable. I thought this would be easy to fix so I went into the app and deselected the 'available offlin...

• Hello, I've been using spotify premium on my galaxy note 2 for years now but my phone memory is full of spotify albums and the phone is becoming unusable.  I thought this would be easy to fix so...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Saved music gone

My spotify app keeps removing all my saved music?This is currently happening on a weekly basis. It has been going on for over a month!I have a galaxy alpha with the newest version of spotify. I'm also a premium user.I have reinstalled the app over a ...

• Casual Listener
  • My spotify app keeps removing all my saved music? This is currently happening on a weekly basis. It has been going on for over a month! I have a galaxy alpha with the newest version of spotify. I...
  • kbrooksc
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Device limit problem in offline mode

Hello all I've got a problem with Offline Mode since few weeks. I saw that when the phone is rebooted with Offline mode activated, spotify had disconnected the session.So OK click on "Connection" and he asks for turn off the Offline mode. So OK again...

• Regular
  • Hello all 🙂   I've got a problem with Offline Mode since few weeks.   I saw that when the phone is rebooted with Offline mode activated, spotify had disconnected the session. So OK cl...
  • choubidou7667
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Streams over USB tether but won't download playlist

I have an in-dash car player that runs Android. For internet I use usb tethering. When streaming Spotify, it works great, but playlists set to download simply stay 'waiting to download' until I activate wifi data instead. Please help! Thanks

• Regular
  • I have an in-dash car player that runs Android. For internet I use usb tethering.   When streaming Spotify, it works great, but playlists set to download simply stay 'waiting to download' un...
  • ptec5000
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Isnt Working

I dont know what is going on , but I cant open my Spotify, It open then close, only on my android, its normal on computer, already made the normal procced ( re-install - restart ), My phone is S5 .

Spotify.png
  • Casual Listener
  • I dont know what is going on , but I cant open my Spotify, It open then close, only on my android, its normal on computer, already made the normal procced ( re-install - restart ), My phone is S5 .
  • MaryS
  • Roadie
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Spotify wont load

Hello, I am running Spotfy on a double din Android head unit with Kitkat 4.4. When I install the app it works without issue for a few days and than all of a sudden when it tries to launch it fails and returns to the android homescreen. If I do a full...

• Visitor
  • Hello,   I am running Spotfy on a double din Android head unit with Kitkat 4.4. When I install the app it works without issue for a few days and than all of a sudden when it tries to launch it...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Need help with twitter

I can't share what I'm playing on Twitter. Can you help me? I changed my twitter account and now I'm having troubles. How can I connect my Spotify account with my new twitter account? Thanks.

• Visitor
  • I can't share what I'm playing on Twitter. Can you help me? I changed my twitter account and now I'm having troubles. How can I connect my Spotify account with my new twitter account? Thanks.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

offline music is only offline for certain time

my albums on android spotify are only saved for a while and after a few weeks I have to download a part of the albums again and again?They are on my playlist but not offline? (premium) (I also use spotify on my denon AVR)

• Gig Goer
  • my albums on android spotify are only saved for a while and after a few weeks I have to download a part of the albums again and again? They are on my playlist but not offline?   (premium) &n...
  • new_r82
  • Gig Goer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

How to keep Spotify?

When I'm playing Spotify and then open up another app that uses sound, the sound of that app overwrites spotify. Is there a way to keep Spotify playing?I'm using a Samsung s6 edge on android 5.1.1The app I've been having issues with is Kingdom rush f...

• When I'm playing Spotify and then open up another app that uses sound, the sound of that app overwrites spotify. Is there a way to keep Spotify playing? I'm using a Samsung s6 edge on android 5.1....
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Will making a new playlist redownloads songs?

If I make a new playlist on my phone and I drag some songs from another playlist to it, and then make my new playlist available offline. Will Spotify redownload all the songs or will it not download the songs and just move some things around? Update:...

• Music Fan
  • If I make a new playlist on my phone and I drag some songs from another playlist to it, and then make my new playlist available offline. Will Spotify redownload all the songs or will it not download ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashes after login in

Hi, Brief description of the issue: Spotify crashes after login inSteps to reproduce the issue:First I did this: Open spotifyThen I did that: loginI also did this: crashWhat steps you’ve tried already: Reinstall app, erase data, reinstall android to ...

• Hi,    Brief description of the issue: Spotify crashes after login in Steps to reproduce the issue: First I did this: Open spotify Then I did that: login I also did this: crash Wha...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

30 Day Limit for Offline Review

Why does the following apply: You can sync a maximum of 3,333 songs per device and stay offline for up to 30 days. Also, after the 30 days, how long do you have to wait before your device can be offline again?

• Why does the following apply: You can sync a maximum of 3,333 songs per device and stay offline for up to 30 days. Also, after the 30 days, how long do you have to wait before your device can be offl...
  • Skellingtor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 30 Day Offline Usage
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

controllo musica blocco schermo

Salve, vorrei sapere perchè non appare il lettore in notifiche e blocco schermo

• Salve, vorrei sapere perchè non appare il lettore in notifiche e blocco schermo
  • 0 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 8 likes

Keeps crashing after last update on Samsung S5..

Deleted and reinstalled app several times but still crashing.. thanks in advance for any suggestions..

• Casual Listener
  • Deleted and reinstalled app several times but still crashing.. thanks in advance for any suggestions..
  • Tibbity1
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 2 likes

Can Spotify start with album screen automatically?

I am using Tasker to automatically launch the Spotify app on my Android device and making it play as well. But I really would like it to please automatically go to the screen with the album cover. Can this be done?

• I am using Tasker to automatically launch the Spotify app on my Android device and making it play as well. But I really would like it to please automatically go to the screen with the album cover. Ca...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

new password

Having trouble in logging inI know i got premium subcrition cannot play my selection. And lots of advertising.

• Having trouble in logging in I know i got premium subcrition cannot play my selection. And lots of advertising.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes