Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify just keeps on playing even during calls

Spotify just keeps on playing even during calls

Problems
Playing Spotify. Receive a call and Spotify keeps playing
Playing via BT on car stereo. Turn off car.music plays on phone.

Had only started happening recently.

Have reinstalled Spotify several times to no avail.

Any suggestions?
23 Replies

Any answers anyone. Even when I click the "x" on lock screen, the app closes but the music still plays. What is going on?

Everyone seems to be having this issue. So annoying. Hopefully they fix it soon.

I have the same problem and not just about the BT device, but it also with headphones and from the mobile phone. A serious error of Spotify.

Yes, having this one too! So annoying. Before, they would automatically stop, but when I hung up, it would not resume. I had to manually start the music again, and now it would not stop at all. Looks like they overdid it.

Also another annoyance is mine crushes randomly all the time, and doesn't remember where it is in a song before the crush when I open it again. Always have to play from the start of the song again. Very bad, Spotify. Very bad!

They had better get this fix sorted quickly. It is frustrating enough for me to uninstall and cancel my premium subscription. What good is a hands-free kit if I have to press stop on Spotify if I receive a call?

One additional thing I find frustrating to this and another similar thread is how quiet spotify are being. Do the moderators read this and have we any updates, or is this just a sounding board to the ether?

Any updates on whether this is being taken seriously moderators - it seems your app is broken and causing all manner of negative customer experiences including:

Not switching off during calls

Not switching off during changes in bluetooth connectivity

Not switching over to changes in speakers (headset to external speakers)

I have also been having these issues with playing after headphones are disconnected and during phone calls.  Seems like something they'd hurry to fix, but apparently not.  Will not be continuing to pay for this if they can't fix it.

the beta version (4.2), you can find in apptoide, corrects errors of the app.

This has really affected my use of Spotify. I have my work phone redirected to my mobile and use a set of Jaybird x to do everything. To say this has affected my use would be a major understatement. In fairness to spotify im not sure if its an android issue or a spotify issue but could really do with some help to resolve.

Doesnt happen all the time but the number of calls in the last month or two that I have had to cancel and ring back is crazy.

Can someone please advise what is going on here. Any help appreciated.

Just switched from iPhone to android with the s7 edge. Having the same error, wildly disappointed with my experience so far. Its happened 3 times in the past week. I've already canceled my spotify premium. My music is too far out there to risk this problem occurring on a business call.

I experience this with corded/wired headset too. I know you posted this in 2015, but it's still happening today (Sept. 2016).

I also can't shut the app down sometimes. I close all apps, even go to task manager and quit all but sometimes Spotify just keeps on playing and won't stop until I pull the battery or power down. Bugs...

Still love me some Spotify

I don't get this problem on my S7 Edge - spotify pauses on an incoming call and resumes when the call ends. Just a long shot (I'm no android expert) but does spotify have permission to access Telephone in your android settings (application manager/spotify/permissions)?

If it doesn't, I think it won't know there's a call in progress.

Hi Joe, 

I didn't have any permissions selected - oddly I was never asked about them when installing. I went into app settings - just not sure which ones I should give permissions to.  Phone (obviously), and then contacts and storage. 

Assuming Contacts is to allow for custom ring tones for my contacts? If not, what would that permission be for? Also, storage - seems odd as I've been storing music on my device for years with Spotify. Is it looking for access to an SD card? 

Thanks - appreciate the tip. Will let you know if it works/helps. 

Rick

I'm having the same issues as reported earlier, the music just keeps playing even after I force close the app. I have to restart my phone to make the music stop.  Please fix!

This is still happening.
Brand new HTC10 with brand new headphones.
Spotify V6.3.0.882 armV7

Happening to me as well, started doing this about a week ago.

Me too Samsung Galaxy note edge. About to cancel my family plan. They haven't fixed this issue from over a year ago nor even addressed it.

Nope - didn't help. Still having this issue. 

This same issue started happening to me a few weeks ago, after I had factory reset my phone. Sounds like this is been an ongoing problem. Is Spotify even doing anything about this? I think it's ridiculous that in another thread the verified solution is to cancel subscription and get Google play...

Suggested posts