Germany

Device

Pixel 7a

Operating System

Android 14
Spotify Version

The Spotify Version on my phone is 8.9.22.539

My Question or Issue

About every second or third start of spotify on my phone, the played song changes to recommended songs instead of going on with the last listened playlist.
After a change to a playlist i really want to listen to, the second song of the now chosen playlist starts at a higher time. This time appears to be the timestamp of the last played song when i closed spotify or stopped listening.
I already tried reinstalling the app, i already disabled the option to add similar songs at the end of a playlist and as far as i know i disabled every option which allows spotify to change my playlists.
This behaviour is consistently reproducable for me.

Edit:

Additional Information on the video:
In the 27th second i skip the played song, which just skips to a later time stamp of the song that was playing prior to the forced playlist change. In the video the song is also part of the playlist thats why it looks like it was just jumping onto a later timestamp.
If the song wasnt part of the chosen playlist, spotify would still play that song starting on the timestamp prior to the forced playlist change.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @dschaegsn

Thanks for getting back to us and for providing us with your details. 

We looked into it and could recreate it although not consistently which makes it difficult to pin-point the root cause of the issue.  

We're always working on improving the app experience overall, so hopefully this issue will get resolved in a future update, but we can't give an exact timeline for a fix on this. 

Keep us in the loop if anything new comes up.

MartinModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hi there @dschaegsn,

Thanks for the post. When did this first start occurring? It also seems you're not on the latest version, so try updating the app and seeing if the same persists. Better yet, if you've only tried a regular reinstall, try performing a full clean reinstall to resolve any corrupted data that may be causing this.

Hope this helps. 

JoanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

hi @Joan
I cant tell for sure when it started happening. But i used spotify on my smartphone a lot more in the last few weeks and listened more often to the daily mixes.

This weekend i found out that it only happens when i listen to the daily and weekly mixes and not with my own playlists.

Spotify is now reinstalled as suggested and updated to the latest version on my smartphone. The forced playlist change is still happening.

Something similar is happening to me. I have a few connected devices, like tablet, tv and phones. Whenever I  start playing a playlist or anything,  the next song jumps to a random song from the last playlist of one of the connected devices. It started around around 2 month ago. It's pretty bad, specially when driving, it keeps happening, I need to switch shuffle on off, change playlist or song and eventually the annoying behaviour goes away. 

Please, could you raise a ticket to get this bug fixed?

Marked as solution

Hey @dschaegsn

Thanks for getting back to us and for providing us with your details. 

We looked into it and could recreate it although not consistently which makes it difficult to pin-point the root cause of the issue.  

We're always working on improving the app experience overall, so hopefully this issue will get resolved in a future update, but we can't give an exact timeline for a fix on this. 

Keep us in the loop if anything new comes up.

MartinModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Suggested posts