Country

Sweden

Device

Samsung Galaxy 9

Operating System

Android 10 

4.9.118-18847185

My Question or Issue

Earlier this year i had problems with spotify on my phone. After i installed an android update i could no longer start spotify. It would just show me the logo and then shut down. I reported it in this thread earlier: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Android-app-crashes-at-launch/idi-p/4898936/page/2#c...

I tried all the things people suggested short of factory reset of the phone. Then after a couple of months another android update came that fixed my issue and everything was fine again.... Until yesterday when i updated my phone OS again. Now i am back to exactly where i was in february. Spotify crashes instantly on startup. Anyone got any ideas? I really dont want to wait for the next android update and hope that fixes it.

3 Replies

Same here. Samsung S9 and recent Android safety update made Spotify app unable to start. Tried reinstalling at no help.

I want to add that I have now tried the common solutions for spotify crashing on Samsung S9 (empty cashe, reinstalling etc) but the problem remains!

Spotify seem to hate their android customers because I see the iPhone issue similar to this is fixed but this is the second time this year an android update has caused the spotify app to fail. They have a very carefree approach to disappointed customers. 

Tidal is the same price and just as good plus it always works

Suggested posts