Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify keeps deleting my offline playlists

Solved!

Spotify keeps deleting my offline playlists

so i use the wifi sync feature on my windows pc to sync local playlists to my android spotify app using the free version. now i've checked and made sure that i have 0 offline devices (even though it apparently doesnt count as an offline device when only syncing local files) and still at any random time my playlists on my phone will be deleted and gone. this is really annoying to deal with since we're talking about roughly 600 songs i want synced to my phone. there's still plenty of space left on the sd card even after sync, so capacity is not the issue. what is?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Can you try a clean install? 

NOTE: You will lose all preferences & offline playlists in doing this!

Uninstall the app from Settings - Apps then scroll to the Spotify app and tap on it, then press 'Uninstall' (or any other way you usually uninstall apps).

Once done using a file manager (such as ES File Explorer) make sure that the below folders are deleted (the second one may be still remaining from the older version of Spotify):

/Android/data/com.spotify.music
/Android/data/com.spotify.mobile.android.ui

Note: - Make sure to check both Emulated/0/ AND the /ext_sd/ locations for these folders as they could be on Internal memory or/and external SD card.

When all folders are removed go to the play store and install the Spotify Music app again (Direct Link).

Official guides for a clean reinstallation here
If using an external sd card to store your cache (Offline Playlists) on Android 4.4.2+ then please read instructions in the thread here: [Android 4.4.2+]Cache on external SD card is possible

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

6 Replies

it would be nice with an answer to this, so i can actually use the mobile app.

Marked as solution

Can you try a clean install? 

NOTE: You will lose all preferences & offline playlists in doing this!

Uninstall the app from Settings - Apps then scroll to the Spotify app and tap on it, then press 'Uninstall' (or any other way you usually uninstall apps).

Once done using a file manager (such as ES File Explorer) make sure that the below folders are deleted (the second one may be still remaining from the older version of Spotify):

/Android/data/com.spotify.music
/Android/data/com.spotify.mobile.android.ui

Note: - Make sure to check both Emulated/0/ AND the /ext_sd/ locations for these folders as they could be on Internal memory or/and external SD card.

When all folders are removed go to the play store and install the Spotify Music app again (Direct Link).

Official guides for a clean reinstallation here
If using an external sd card to store your cache (Offline Playlists) on Android 4.4.2+ then please read instructions in the thread here: [Android 4.4.2+]Cache on external SD card is possible

Android Troubleshooting:

thank you! 🙂

i will try this. i don't know how to change the location of the mobile spotify though. i wish i could do that though. 

i will try reinstalling completely as you said and see if that works. it might take a couple days to see if it works, since thats about the time it took for the playlists to be deleted. then i will come back and say if it worked or not. 🙂

Is there a an iPhone solution? 

@Daniel999 wrote:

Is there a an iPhone solution? 

I suggest asking in the iOS forum; sorry but I've never had an iPhone.

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad/bd-p/spotifyiOS

Android Troubleshooting:

Suggested posts