Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify fails again - Please help!

Spotify fails again - Please help!

Please, please help me do two things:

1.  migrate my phone's Spotify music files from the phone's memory to the supplemental SD chip and

2.  get the phone app to find my local music files that had been imported to the online ver of Spotify (and previously to the phone app too).

I reinstalled Spotify for the third time this year for the same problem:  It forgets where the music is.  The Spotify phone app downloaded my music WITHOUT GIVING ME AN OPTION AS TO WHICH MEMORY LOCATION... again (AAAGGGAAAIIINNN).  Perhaps one can guess:  It has now used up all the memory in my phone's chip, and I was given no option to place the music on the SD card I added a year ago.

Plus, it fails to find my local files (greyed out so there seems to be some recognition by the app that they exist!).  It fails to find these imported files even though the online program shows & plays them successfully (one would think that if the online one does, then the app would communicate with that and get the local files right as well).

I'm really at the end of my rope with the inconsideration of the designers:

They could have designed an app that does not frequently forget where the music is on the phone.

They could have easily allowed for control of the storage location of music.

They could have designed a search function to work on the phone.

They could have made the alphabetizing of the songs accurate (it appears random after several hundred songs in an alphabetized list). 

Holy cow!  I hate to seem cynical, but Spotify has failed to provide a quality phone app that is reliable.

4 Replies

I'd be happy to help you, first to inform that ALL music you save offline on Spotify is saved on your SD card, always.

Now for the local files have you created an specific playlist for them? If so, be sure to have the desktop app open on your PC and the Spotify app on your mobile. Now, make sure that in mobile the playlist has the toogle on where it says 'Available offline' (if it was on and it still gives you problem try toogling off, then close the app completely, then reopen and toogle on) if both apps on PC and mobile are open when you do this they should start downloading, please tell me if this didn't work for you.

Please read the guide linked below for details on the most common issues and how to fix them. Usually a clean install is the first step to take and resolves most of the usual issues; the guide details the steps to take to ensure a full 'clean installation' is achieved - This includes checking redundant folders and a REBOOT!

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

I performed the reinstall correctly, and rebooted.  Spotify did not act as predicted.  Specifically, the Device Storage had 9 GB space available (of a 16 GB capacity), and the SD had 29 GB (of a 32 GB card) prior to re-installation.  Afterward, I verified that the Device Storage (phone) folder for the Spotify Music in Android contained all of the music; the SD had none.  The remaining space on the Device Storage after downloading all music was under one GB.  Hence, Spotify failed to find & use the larger memory available.  Further, the local files appear as a folder in the online version; there was no such folder created by the app on the phone (possibly because it ran out of space).  Please note that the local files were all placed into playlists for the type of music I have in those playlists; I do not keep them only in the local folder in the online version.  This is totally wrong, and I have no idea what to do.  I would hate to discontinue Spotify, but this app is pushing me there!  Please help!!!!!!!!!!

Spotify did not act as you predicted.  Specifically, the Device Storage had 9 GB space available (of a 16 GB capacity), and the SD had 29 GB (of a 32 GB card) prior to re-installation.  Afterward, I verified that the Device Storage (phone) folder for the Spotify Music in Android contained all of the music; the SD had none.  The remaining space on the Device Storage after downloading all music was under one GB.  Hence, Spotify failed to find & use the larger memory available.  Further, the local files appear as a folder in the online version; there was no such folder created by the app on the phone (possibly because it ran out of space).  Please note that the local files were all placed into playlists for the type of music I have in those playlists; I do not keep them only in the local folder in the online version.  This is totally wrong, and I have no idea what to do.  I would hate to discontinue Spotify, but this app is pushing me there!  Please help!!!!!!!!!!

Suggested posts