Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify keeps "downloading music" all the time?

Spotify keeps "downloading music" all the time?

Atleast thats the notificaion I get every 5 minute 24/7 and its darn annoying. 😞 My music is already downloaded to the phone, so Im not sure whats up with the notification?

5 Replies

Hi, @Hund 

Try;

• Logging out and in again
  • Try "Delete cache and saved data" - you will need to log in and download your music but it might stop the app doing this annoying notification thing.

If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?!
Follow me: Snapchat | Twitter | I'm a Blackstar!

Is Spotify set to download only over WiFi or do you have it set to allow downloading over mobile networks (2G/3G/4G)?

If it is downloading only over WiFi I have noticed that, when Wi-Fi is disabled and then re-enabled, Spotify will briefly display the "downloading music" notification (presumably it checks whether anything needs to be downloaded and then, when it finds nothing needs downloading, the notiifcation goes away).

Some battery saving apps will disable and re-enable the WiFi based on usage in order to save battery so, if you have one of those installed, this could be the reason.

Also check your SD card. Might be corrupt

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

I had the same "problem", with my Pebble watch vibrating all the time with this useless message.  I think the theory that it happens whenever the phone reconnects to wifi is correct.

in the end I just turned off notifications from Spotify on my Pebble.  this means I don't get alerts when Spotify starts playing a new song either, but honestly that was kind of useless and marginally annoying, too.

I did that also 2 times but it not solevs the problem......

Suggested posts