Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify local tracks wireless sync no longer works

Solved!

Spotify local tracks wireless sync no longer works

Hi,

For some reason my Android device no longer appears under "Devices" ever since the Spotify desktop client was updated this morning..

Is there anyway we can revert to old desktop software? Or is there any particular reason why this would stop working?

So far I have tried re-installing both desktop and android apps. My android app has downloaded all my offline tracks except any of my local files which means now I have alot less music 😞

Hoping someone can help! I have a Motorola Atrix.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

ENGLISH:

Hi everyone!

I FOUND THE SOLUTION for this, at least worked for me! 😄

You just have to enable the "Upnp" (Universal plug and play) option in your router, not hard to find. This function automatically can access to other networks, transmit data, discover other devices, and acquire the data of other devices. This function come disabled for security reasons.

On my case I did not have to transfer the mp3 files to my phone, I had my local music loaded to Spotify (desktop) then I restarded the Spotify android app and after that all the music I had loaded from my PC began to sync to my Spotify app!

ESPAÑOL:

Hola a todos!

Pude ENCONTRAR LA SOLUCION, al menos a mi me funcionó! 😄

Habilita en tu router la opcion "Upnp" (Universal Plug and Play), no es dificil de encontrar.Esta funcion permite transmitir y sincronizar datos entre multiples dispositivos. Con esa opcion se abren puertos para permitir esa transmision. Por seguridad viene desabilitado.

Asi fue como lo resolvi, no tuve nisiquiera que copiar los mp3 a mi Smartphone, la sincronizacion se hizo a partir de los archivos locales que habia subido desde mi Pc a Spotify.

Espero haber ayudado!

I hope helped!

PD: Restart your router after enable the Upnp function, and also your Spotify app.

Reinicia tu router despues de habilitar la funcion Upnp, y tambien la app de Spotify.

Bye!

View solution in original post

18 Replies

Yep, i have the same problem. And i made a thread about it. Im starting to hate spotify. They dont seem to give a sht. Talk about customer service...

Yep, I'm having the same problem. I thought this was a problem with the new Android app. This is a major part of the Spotify premium value prop and I'll probably cancel my subscription if this isn't fixed soon.

Having the same issue on my EVO LTE. Need a fix....PRONTO!!

Same here. Samsung Nexus S running stock Android 4.0.4 does not show up under devices in Spotify for Windows app, can not sync local files to the Android app.

Why don't they at least acknowledge this issue?

same problem!

i cannot sync anymore on my mobile, and the device doesnt appear under devices anymore

please fix, this is really annoying, this is my only way for jogging and existing outdoors

Yep, same problem here.

I've been a constant visitor to these forums over the past weeks - it seems that the android app is getting worse and worse - everything seems to be breaking, and as someone has said above, customer services don't seem to give a **uh-oh**.

What gives Spotify?

Hey guys, I don't think it's the mobile's that are the problem. It didn't work with either my old Iphone 3gs or my new Huawei

I love this feature and it's frustrating to not know why it stopped or what is being done about it.  Did it stop after a recent update?

I have been having this problem as well, since my phone updated. I posted a thread when it first started happening, but I never got a response either. I doubt it has to do with any firewalls, as I have mine turned off, and it is still not showing up under devices, so there has to be some other cause to this problem. Maybe try and find some commonality with our issue untill someone on Spotifys end finally rolls around to looking at this thread... if ever. Lets post was kinds of phones we have, version of the mobile OS, computer OS, firewall/anti-virus software, and router brand.

Phone: Xperia Play using Android 2.3.4

Windows firewall/Windows defender

Netgear wireless N router.

This issue is on Spotify's end and it has nothing to do with my computer's OS, wireless router, EVO LTE, etc. 

I've already discontinued my premium subscription because I believe that customers should recieve what they're paying for and in this case the problem seems to be ignored completely by Spotify. They do not even have the decency to aknowledge there is a problem and provide a time frame for an update/resolution. I will not pay another dime until the issue is rectified and the service delivers as advertised. Maybe if enough paying customers did the same the issue would receive the proper amount of attention.

Same here, not able to sync.

I'm buying the membership on a monthly basis and I'm DEFINITELY not going to buy a subscription next moth, since the reason for buying a subscription in the first place was to be able to listen to music in offline mode.

This got fixed for me a few days ago. I didn't change anything on my end

yepp, confirming, this has been fixed - now thinking on HTC Desire

Still having a similar problem with my Spotify.

My android is not showing under Devices on my desktop Spotify.

And the most annoying problem is, my newest local files that I've added to my playlists works fine on my computer,

but on my android when I try to play them I get the message "The track is unavailable".

I can't find any similar posts about this problem. This is driving me nuts!

Alright, so I just woke up this morning and everything decided to work again.

Android was showing up under Devices and started syncing.

am having the same issue. I've been using the free one for a while, and upgraded to premium today for this exact reason - to be able to listen to files from my computer on my phone. For now my phone doesn't show up in the devices list...

Will have to revert to using my stock android music app and copy the files across via usb. It's annoying though for playlists that have some local files and some spotify files.

At least my first month on premium is free, but if this persists it's unlikely i'll keep up my subscription.

edit - just deleted and re-installed it on my computer.. no change, can't see either of my 2 devices sitting on the table next to my laptop, both running on my home wifi!

And yet this issue crops up.....AGAIN.

I do not get my device (Samsung S3) showing up on the wireless devices section since the latest "update".

Was working beautifully prior to this update.

With the newest version and my s3, I got this to work but not at first. Toggle the offline mode on the phone and the pc. When you turn the offline mode back on, it should connect if they're both on wifi. It may take a couple of attempts but it does work for me
Marked as solution

ENGLISH:

Hi everyone!

I FOUND THE SOLUTION for this, at least worked for me! 😄

You just have to enable the "Upnp" (Universal plug and play) option in your router, not hard to find. This function automatically can access to other networks, transmit data, discover other devices, and acquire the data of other devices. This function come disabled for security reasons.

On my case I did not have to transfer the mp3 files to my phone, I had my local music loaded to Spotify (desktop) then I restarded the Spotify android app and after that all the music I had loaded from my PC began to sync to my Spotify app!

ESPAÑOL:

Hola a todos!

Pude ENCONTRAR LA SOLUCION, al menos a mi me funcionó! 😄

Habilita en tu router la opcion "Upnp" (Universal Plug and Play), no es dificil de encontrar.Esta funcion permite transmitir y sincronizar datos entre multiples dispositivos. Con esa opcion se abren puertos para permitir esa transmision. Por seguridad viene desabilitado.

Asi fue como lo resolvi, no tuve nisiquiera que copiar los mp3 a mi Smartphone, la sincronizacion se hizo a partir de los archivos locales que habia subido desde mi Pc a Spotify.

Espero haber ayudado!

I hope helped!

PD: Restart your router after enable the Upnp function, and also your Spotify app.

Reinicia tu router despues de habilitar la funcion Upnp, y tambien la app de Spotify.

Bye!

Suggested posts