Spotify not restarting after any notification on Galaxy watch

Spotify not restarting after any notification on Galaxy watch

Plan

Premium

Country

UK 

Device

Samsung Galaxy watch

Have been listening to downloaded music on spotify on my Galaxy watch while running with no problems until the past 2 weeks. Now when I get a notification Spotify no longer continues playing afterwards. When running I am using the Samsung health app which gives a notification every km with pace and heart rate details. Now I am having to click back and open spotify and restart music after each notification. Any ideas on why this might be happening ? I can't find anything in settings related to this.

Thanks

9 Replies

I have exactly the same problem....well described!

Me too, this is so annoying.  No fix yet? 

Same problem. I confirmed the problem is with Spotify app because I tried with the Samsung music player and it worked fine.

Is there any solution for this issue?

Same. Fully annoying. Guessing there is no fix that anyone is aware of?

No sign of a fix that I am aware of. I have stopped using Spotify when
running and instead have been downloading some MP3s and podcasts and
listening on the built in music app which doesn't have the same problem.
I'm not sure if Spotify have said if they are aware of this. Does anyone
from Spotify comment on here ?

I managed to sort this out by getting rid of all the widgets and just using the app directly.

Ok thanks for sharing that, can you explain how you did that? Would appreciate it....

Thanks. Have removed the widgets and launched the app but still not
restarting after any notification. Did you need to do anything else ?

Hi,

Sorry for the slightly vague last post. I was going to eBay the watch and get something different because of this issue, so I took a bit of a sledgehammer approach and it now works perfectly. Here are all the steps I took, I'm afriad I'm not sure exactly which part of this solved the problem:

-Removed all widgets for Samsung Health and Spotify.

-Turned off music controller in Samsung Health running screen.

-Removed all unused apps from the watch (most of them don't work anyway!).

-Removed spotify alltogether and reinstalled (it stopped working with the 2.2.2 update, so this was needed anyway).

-In Samsung Health, turn off 'battery saver' and enable 'high accuracy', also turned off 'auto pause'. I suspect most of these just enhanced the running experience rather than fixing the spotify issue.

-Set the 'home key double press' to be 'recent apps', which is the only way I cold find to move between Samsung Health and Spotify without using the widgets.

So now it isn't particularly intuative to use. I need to open Spotify, start the music, then open Samsung Health and start running. But, it plays music and records the entire run without needing any interaction with the watch, which was my aim. The user interface still leaves a lot to be desired, but at least it works!

Good luck!

Murray

Suggested posts