Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

first 10 songs keep playing

PlanFreeCountryUnited StatesDeviceMotorola z3Operating SystemAndroid OreoMy Question or IssueHi, on non-Spotify made playlists the first 10 or so songs keep playing over and over again, is there anything I can do? Is anyone else having this problem?

• Plan Free Country United States Device Motorola z3 Operating System Android Oreo My Question or Issue Hi, on non-Spotify made playlists the first 10 or so songs keep playing over and over ag...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Album cover via bluetooth on the car display

PlanPremiumCountryItalyDeviceS10 +Operating SystemAndroid 9.0 "pie" My Question or IssueI use a lot Spotify on my car (a Renault Megane IV with r-link2) via bluetooth because unfortunately there isn't an app yet.There's a method to show the album cov...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Italy Device S10 + Operating System Android 9.0 "pie"   My Question or Issue I use a lot Spotify on my car (a Renault Megane IV with r-link2) via bluetooth because...
  • 0 replies
  • 14 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 14 likes

Spotify hijacks bluetooth headphone commands intended for another app.

Plan: PremiumCountry: USDevice: Moto ZOperating System: Android 8.0My Question or IssueI'm new to Spotify premium, and have found that it downloads huge amounts of data, and I can't use the internet at work. So, until I can download my Spotify librar...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country: US Device: Moto Z Operating System: Android 8.0 My Question or Issue I'm new to Spotify premium, and have found that it downloads huge amounts of data, and ...
  • themountinman
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't use bluetooth controls

The bluetooth controls won't work anymore (can't skip songs).I have to open the app on my phone ( galaxy s9 ) to manually hit " skip ". I had to stop using Spotify in my car.Also, can't skip songs on my phone lock screen. The app crash all the time i...

• Casual Listener
  •   The bluetooth controls won't work anymore (can't skip songs). I have to open the app on my phone ( galaxy s9 ) to manually hit " skip ". I had to stop using Spotify in my car. Als...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 15 replies
  • 19 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 19 likes

Solved!! Displaying artwork on lockscreen

PlanPremiumCountrySpainDeviceSamsung Galaxy S8Operating SystemAndrioid 9.0 "Pie" My Question or IssueOn my old phone, about a year ago, I always had the album/track artwork displaying as the wallpaper of my lockscreen, and I'm really missing that. I'...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Spain Device Samsung Galaxy S8 Operating System Andrioid 9.0 "Pie"   My Question or Issue On my old phone, about a year ago, I always had the album/track artwork d...
  • xoholo
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't download songs since update

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceLG G5Operating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue Since the last two updates, Spotify isn't really working for me anymore. IIt started with crashing and canceling my downloads saying my storage is full, which it wasn't ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device LG G5 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue   Since the last two updates, Spotify isn't really working for me anymore.  IIt st...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Daily mixes showing on Samsung Galaxy phone but not on Lenovo tablet

PlanFreeCountry DeviceSamsung Galaxy 8, Lenovo Tab 4 10Operating SystemAndroid My Question or Issue Daily mixes appear in my phone, but not in my tablet. The tablet app does recognize that I've been listening to the daily mixes in my listening histor...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country   Device Samsung Galaxy 8, Lenovo Tab 4 10 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue  Daily mixes appear in my phone, but not in my tablet. The&n...
  • rlempel
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Adding your own music

PlanPremiumCountryAustralia Device Samsung Galaxy 9Operating System Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueHi all, How do you add your own music to your account? I've added some of my own music using my pc but on my phone, the songs are g...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Australia    Device  Samsung Galaxy 9 Operating System  Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Hi all,   How do you...
  • MattWilliam
  • Regular
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

'Made for you' gone

PlanPremiumOperating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueThe made for you option is gone since the latest update. There's no daily mixes and weekly mixes. I searched in the app but couldn't find the option anywhere.

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Operating System Android   My Question or Issue The made for you option is gone since the latest update. There's no daily mixes and weekly mixes. I searched in the app...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Artists/Albums not showing entries that correspond to songs inside my library

PlanPremiumIndia Device(Pixel 2 XL)Operating System(Android Pie) The first three screenshorts are from my Pixel 2 XL (Android Phone). If you see the first 2 screenshots, no Artists or Albums appear under their respective tabs. Meanwhile, if you check...

Screenshot_20190313-185338.png Screenshot_20190313-185855.png Screenshot_20190313-185345.png Item-0_and_AirPortExtra_and_Item-01.png
  • Visitor
  • Plan Premium India   Device (Pixel 2 XL) Operating System (Android Pie)   The first three screenshorts are from my Pixel 2 XL (Android Phone). If you see the first 2 screenshots, n...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify won't play the next song

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDeviceSamsung Galaxy 8Operating SystemAndroid 8.0.0 My Question or IssueIf I search for an artist and open "all songs" and select the song I want to listen at. When the song has come to the end spotify just loop the selected s...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device Samsung Galaxy 8 Operating System Android 8.0.0   My Question or Issue If I search for an artist and open "all songs" and select the song I want to l...
  • Jemi
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Trouble with downloading

PlanPremiumCountrySweden DeviceHuawei Y6 2018Operating SystemAndroid 8.0.0 My Question or IssueI have problems with downloading music. I have a 128 GB SD card that should be more than enough for the music i want to download to it. The download settin...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden   Device Huawei Y6 2018 Operating System Android 8.0.0   My Question or Issue I have problems with downloading music. I have a 128 GB SD card that sho...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Why am i not able to play certain songs?

Premium Country India DeviceXiaomiOperating SystemAndroid Marshmallow My Question or IssueHi, i am a premium user from India. As soon as i got the news that spotify had just launched here i went straight to it, used it for a couple of days and then g...

• Visitor
  •   Premium   Country India   Device Xiaomi Operating System Android Marshmallow   My Question or Issue Hi, i am a premium user from India. As soon as i got the news that...
  • xoholo
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Unplayable songs
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Can't play the song

As the picture there why i can't play the music in my spotify?

• As the picture there why i can't play the music in my spotify?
  • xoholo
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Account logged out and locked out afters battery dies

PlanPremiumCountryBelgiumDeviceSony Z5 CompactOperating SystemAndroid latestMy Question or IssueAs in headline. After the battery dies, starting phone up again, no way to log in except after reinstalling the app. Apparently this is an old issue, but ...

• Plan Premium Country Belgium Device Sony Z5 Compact Operating System Android latest My Question or Issue As in headline. After the battery dies, starting phone up again, no way to log in exc...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Unsave all the Song from an Album in One Click Doesn't Work Anymore

After the new update, when I delete my downloaded file (for example, an album, which automatically makes all songs from that album added to the Saved Song list), I cannot unsave all the songs except do it manually for each songs, previously I only ne...

• Casual Listener
  • After the new update, when I delete my downloaded file (for example, an album, which automatically makes all songs from that album added to the Saved Song list),  I cannot unsave all the songs e...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • album
    saved song
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Corrupted bluetooth control after last update

Something got bad after the last spotify update: previously when establishing a bluetooth connection with my car the music automaticlly started. i was able to skip tracks forth and back with the car control keys instantly. now after the last update i...

• Casual Listener
  • Something got bad after the last spotify update:   previously when establishing a bluetooth connection with my car the music automaticlly started. i was able to skip tracks forth and back with...
  • serkT21
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes

Spotify stops playing?

PlanPremiumCountryAustralia DeviceSamsung Galaxy S9Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueHi all, Just recently, Spotify will sometimes stop playing. Sometimes when my phone locks, sometimes just out of the blue. So I have to hit play to resume ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Australia  Device Samsung Galaxy S9 Operating System Android    My Question or Issue Hi all,   Just recently, Spotify will sometimes stop playing....
  • verflucht88
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 9 likes

Solved!! Google assistent

Hello premium user here in Sweden here I just got my new Samsung s10 plus and decided to start trying to use Google assistent with my spotify account. However i cant get it to start playing music it opens the app and search the artist and/or song nam...

• Regular
  • Hello premium user here in Sweden here   I just got my new Samsung s10 plus and decided to start trying to use Google assistent with my spotify account.   However i cant get it to start...
  • Daanne
  • Regular
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Which music service will you be switching to now that Spotify sucks?

PlanPremiumCountryU.S.DeviceSamsung Galaxy S6 My Question or IssueSpotify is pulling a snapchat. They went from one of my favorite apps to a steaming pile of garbage not worth paying for with this new update. Looks like I'll be finding another music ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country U.S. Device Samsung Galaxy S6   My Question or Issue Spotify is pulling a snapchat. They went from one of my favorite apps to a steaming pile of garbage not worth pa...
  • Heyjerry
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes