Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Spotify not working on my Samsung Smart TV

Spotify not working on my Samsung Smart TV

Plan

Premium

Country

Indonesia

Device

Samsung Smart TV UA32N4300

Operating System

My Question or Issue

Hi Spotify Community,

I'm using Samsung Smart TV UA32N4300 and Spotify app worked really fine on my TV but since the last update (26 May 2021) Spotify not working properly on my TV.
When I go onto it, it just freezes on a screen with the Spotify logo or nothing loads (just blank black or grey screen, Spotify logo not properly open just a little rectangle with a .png logo).
Have tried deleting the app and re-installing but that didn't work. Already reset the smart hub and start setup but nothing actually work.
My TV says I already have the last software version as I always activated the auto update.
The other app worked so fine on my TV, just Spotify that have issue.

Might anyone know how to solve??
Thanks a bunch :))

20210724_223730.jpg
7 Replies

Hey @1991nggi,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

Good job on the extensive troubleshooting so far! There are a couple more thing we'd like to try out. Does the same issue appear when using a different internet connection? Also, when the app freezes, is the TV discoverable over Connect on another device, let's say a smartphone? On another note, when reinstalling the app, did you unplug the TV for a couple of seconds? This is an often overlooked, but surprisingly effective step.

We'd also appreciate it if you share the exact versions of both the Spotify app and your TV OS. This would help us get to the bottom of this quicker.

Keep us posted how things work out 🙂

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi @Mihail,

Thank you so much for your reply :))

Yes, the same issue appear when i'm using mobile hotspot, but rarely it will works (with just letter of home, search, your library, account and big album image filling my whole TV screen) after i deleting the app, re-installing, unplug the TV for couple of minutes.

When the app on TV freezes, the app on my phone not discover my TV. It just show the rectangle .png image. Even when the app on my TV working properly, as i recall there's no way to show you discoverable over Connect on another device.

20210726_151510_50.jpg
20210726_151340_50.jpg

Hey @1991nggi,

Thanks for getting back to us.

Keep in mind that if both devices are on the same network, you should be able to control playback on your TV over the phone with Connect.

As you mention that this feature used to work previously and you already reset the Smart Hub, we'd recommend resetting your whole TV, updating it to the latest version and installing Spotify again. This should remove any damaged files in the devices firmware that could be causing the issue.

If afterwards this behavior continues, please include in your next post the exact versions of both the Spotify app and your TV OS. 

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Mihail Moderator

Hello again @Mihail,

I know that i can control Spotify on my TV over my phone with Connect if they're on the same network. But how can i control it when Spotify not working on my TV? I can't find it with Connect.

I've already resetting my whole TV as i mention (resetting to start setup), updating it to the latest version, installing Spotify again, unplug my tv but nothing help me to overcome the issue.

How can i check the exact Spotify version if i can't open the app at all? My TV OS is Tizen, however i don't know the exact version.

Recently i bought wifi extender, with the hope it can help me to overcome the issue. Well yeah it helps me, but when the night has come i don't know why the issue come again until i turn off the TV, go to bed and turn on the TV again when i wake up in the morning. Is Spotify on my TV tells me to rest? Lol

Hey there @1991nggi

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Could you try restarting your router and check if that makes any difference? Also, we'd suggest trying with a different WiFi network, if that's possible.

On another note, you can check your TV's firmware version following these steps. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi @Eni,

Of course i've already try to restarting my router many times before i decided to writing on this Community. Nothing happened :")

And i've already try to using another internet connection (connect to mobile hotspot from my phone) and nada :")

Thanku :))

Screenshot_20210802-090905_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210802-090826_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210802-090818_Gallery.jpg

Hey there @1991nggi,

Thanks for the reply and the photos.

Since you've said that when using the extender the app work some times, there might be a change introduced with the recent update which requires a change in connectivity.

Can you try switching your Wi-Fi frequency from 2.4 Ghz to 5 Ghz (or vise versa), if the router allows that and check whether that makes a difference. You can find out how to do this from the router manufacturer's website.

Let us know if that helps.

AlexModerator

Suggested posts