Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify on Android Auto Will Not Load Properly.

Solved!

Spotify on Android Auto Will Not Load Properly.

Lately when I connect my Galaxy S5 to my 2017 Accord I get a "Spotify Doesn't Seem to be Working Right Now" error message on my interface. When I click the menu button it just stays loading.

The only way I can get it to work is if I delete my cache/saved data every time I start up my car. I download a bulk of my material so that is inconvenient an defeats the purpose of downloading. Please fix this bug.
98 Replies

Yes, still broken on a Samsung S8 connecting to VW GTI 2017...

Weird, mine is working fine?? 2017 CC Galaxy S8

This is still a problem. Galaxy S6, Audi A3, latest updates. Device broadcast doesn't fix

knock on wood- but since I changed power settings I haven't experienced
this one single time, and it used to happen every day. In my case, S8, it
*seems* android was putting spotify to sleep which caused this.

It was working fine for some days. Even with new features in the menu. But since yesterday its broken again. Super annoying.

Samsung S6 Nougat with Android Auto as standalone app.

I've cancelled my subscription until it is fixed - listening to Pandora free for the time being. It's annoying because I cancelled Pandora premium to move to Spotify Premium.

I had same issue on my Samsung Galaxy S8. Go to Settings > Device Maintenance > Battery > select Spotify and Save power. This will put Spotify to sleep. When you go back into Android Auto on your phone Spotify is there.

That fixed my issues your the BOMB!!!!

That fixed it! Thx! 😄

Spotify version I have is 8.4.4.810 armv7.
Phone is Samsung S6.
Android auto version is 2.3.716604 release.

Problem less frequent, but still happens around 25% of the time.

Car is a late 2016 Vauxhall Astra with built in WiFi

I had the same problem (s7 edge).

Having tried all of the solutions listed here, without success, it struck me that the problem only started after I received the "Waze integration" message for the first time.  So I went back into Spotify settings, re-enabled Waze integration, and as if by magic Spotify now works again with Android Auto.

Not sure if this was a Waze or Spotify or Andoid Auto issue.  Whatever the cause, it's not a great user experience.

Hopefully this fix that worked for me will work for others.

Neil B.

Really embarrassing that we as the user has to debug this and have to find workarounds and that it isn't finally fixed by the Spotify Team...

I spoke to soon. It did work initially, but now broken again. Grrr.

Just signed up to Spotify last night to find that I have this same problem.

Not happy, will be asking for a refund as this rate as the only time I use Spotiy is in the car so it makes it pretty much useless.

I have the same problem with Google Play Music app too.

I'm not sure why everyone is having so much trouble. The very first fix I tried in this thread worked and has worked with no problems since. Both in just plain Bluetooth connected and Android auto connected. I think that a lot of this isn't spotify's issue. More like an android auto issue or a firmware (Head unit) issue.

Care to explain why I have no issues with Pandora?  Did the head unit decide to stop Spotify support?  Sorry, still blaming Spotify.

No, I don't care to. I have no Idea why your's has issues. As mentioned a couple of posts up apparently it's not just spotify. Mine is working great though, not a single hiccup after the fix. Running android 7 and 2017 VW head unit.

Marked as solution

I may have a solution. Set your Spotify notification settings to this(see screenshot). I found this out via trial and error and it seems to be working well running S7 Edge on Verizon with my 2017 civic Touring audio system. Hope this helps. Please let me know if this helps. I will update if I find anything else.
Screenshot_20170701-112219.png
Marked as solution

I have been running into this problem too.  I have tried everything mentioned in this thread from reinstalling to clearing the cache to the direct broadcast setting.  Either the options did nothing or the fix was only temporary.  Then I came across something that I have not seen mentioned before.

I am using a Samsung S8 and my car is a 2017 Kia Sportage.  To use Android Auto I need to plug in the USB cable.  My car will support bluetooth for just the calls or streaming audio but Android Auto requires the cable.

I plug the cable in and when I try to start Spotify I get the "Spotify does not seem to be working right now" message.  But, if I turn off bluetooth first and then plug in the cable, it works!  Thinking that it had something to do with the bluetooth connecting first, I unparied my phone from the car.  Plugged in the cable and Android Auto starts up and Spotify works.  But it seems that when you plug in the cable it will automatically pair bluetooth.  No idea why.  The only difference now is that I did not allow my car to become a trusted device to unlock my phone.  So far every time I have plugged in my phone I get Spotify.

So start by turning off your bluetooth if you need to use an USB cable for Android Auto and see if that works.

Suggested posts