Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify on Android Auto Will Not Load Properly.

Solved!

Spotify on Android Auto Will Not Load Properly.

Lately when I connect my Galaxy S5 to my 2017 Accord I get a "Spotify Doesn't Seem to be Working Right Now" error message on my interface. When I click the menu button it just stays loading.

The only way I can get it to work is if I delete my cache/saved data every time I start up my car. I download a bulk of my material so that is inconvenient an defeats the purpose of downloading. Please fix this bug.
98 Replies

I have a Galaxy S8+ and a 2017 Dodge Charger R/T. The only thing that helps me is uninstalling the app, reinstalling about every 5 uses. SUPER annoying, but have found no other fix 😞 

Yep, same here.
S7 edge in Audi A3 2016, been absolutely perfect until this update. Now totally broken....
Clearly andriod auto is rather far down the test agenda.

Hi,

I tried something different this morning - I deleted the cache from App Management on my Samsung phone (and not Spotify's own in-app cache), then connected the cable with Spotify still in online mode. Once it was connected (and working!! :)) I switched to offline mode and there were no issues with the connect, I could work everything from my car. 

You should be able to just dump your cache within the spotify app and that
will work for a bit. It will happen again, but you shouldn't have to
reinstall Spotify completely

I've done the same Catherine. I've dumped cache from within Spotify and from the phone itself, both or either will work for a bit but eventually the issue happens again. I wait until the car software is fully booted before I connect my USB cable, doesn't seem to make a difference lol. Spotify informed me on Twitter that they now have people looking at this. See my post on page 2 🙂

Same problem. Using a Samsung S7 Edge "Spotify Doesn't Seem to be Working Right Now"

I know this is a separate issue but it could be related... My Spotify on my Android Auto has been lagging immensely since the new update. By that, I mean that whenever I try to press something on the screen, it will happen 10 seconds later. This isn't all the time it's only once in a while. Still an issue though, possibly related to OS.

Yeah, it's unfortunate to say the least. I had a bunch of playlists saved
locally but not currently. Dumping your spotify cache is required to get
past that error.

And yes, you can still use it via your phone, but I find it super annoying
to see the error msg. My mild OCD kicks in!

When I open the Spotify app and then click on the menu in the top left corner, it opens a window and spotify just sits there and spins. It will never load anything from spotify on my phone 

Marked as solution

My wife has the same issue. Reading everyone's posts on this thread and another on the same topic, there is one similarity. You all have a Samsung phone. This could be an issue with the new Samsung update and not with Spotify. My wife is currently out so I will try the following on her phone and car later. You guys can try this too.

Check for updates to your phone's operating system. Usually in your phone's settings, about phone.

Once it is up to date, check if there is an update for Spotify, if not, try to reinstall it anyways.

Go to your car, do not connect your phone yet. First connect your car to your WiFi and check for updates on your car. If it is up to date, then proceed, otherwise update it.

Finally connect your phone like you would normally to your car for Android Auto and try your Spotify.

See if the error happen again and post here letting us know.

I will also try this later when my wife is home.

Looking through the options on my phone today, I saw a setting in Spotify that said "Allow other programs to see what I'm playing" which was off. I don't know if this is a new option, or if I somehow fat fingered it off, but after I turned it on, andriod auto started to recognize spotify again instantly. Hope it helps some people!

There was actually an update to Spotify my phone found yesterday. I applied the update. I plugged my phone into my car this morning and launched Android Auto. Spotify was now working. Not sure if it was something in that update that fixed the issue, but it seems to be working for me now. 

It's working for me after yesterday update too.

There was an update to Spotify... I like to think it was a fix and came from the convo I had with them... see my post 🙂 I'll try mine in the AM

Same problem. Samsung Galaxy S5 on Chevy Volt 2017.

Android is up to date, Spotify is up to date, still had the problem yesterday after the May 4 update. 

I suspected it started at the same time I started getting notifications about missed calls when I plugged the phone on in silent mode. Phone would tell me "Hey, if you plug in in silent mode, you'll miss calls" and prompt you to choose between "It's OK" and "I don't want to miss calls". From other threads, seems like Peel Remote wanted to tell you you'd miss calls. Uninstalled it and did not get the notification anymore. Since the Spotify widget (and album cover and contorls) work with the notification bar, I figured an "always on top" notification would probably conflict with Spotify. Got rid of that just a few minutes ago. Will test that and let you guys know the results.

Just tested. It works flawlessly.

Me too with KIA Fortechín 2017 and Samsung S7

I had the same problem but there were no updates to perform on my phone. What fixed the issue for me was turning off battery power saving. Hope this helps someone!

Same issue here. 2017 Elantra and Galaxy S7 edge.

Both completely up to date on all their software/firmware including the Spotify app itself (also reinstalled).

Issue still persists.

I have seen plenty of people sate that after the update it started working again. Well it did for me as well but it's only becuase the app had been reinstalled. The next time I tried using it I had the same issue with the error message displaying. The only thing that fixes this is either reinstalling before connecting to android auto or going to apps>spotify>force stop before every connection. 

Suggested posts