Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

Android users voiced their feedback and Spotify has listened. This feature was previously only available in the iOS app. You can now swipe to queue songs in the Android app! This new feature is currently rolling out to Premium users so you should see...

AndroidSwipeToQueue.gif
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Somerandomrr
  • Visitor
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 42 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

S8+ Full screen artwork with lock screen

Many updates ago, there was the ability for spotify to have full screen/lock screen artwork. You would shut off the screen, then wake it back up, and you'd see the entire acreen taken up by the current song you're listening to.Is there a way, on the ...

• Gig Goer
  • Many updates ago, there was the ability for spotify to have full screen/lock screen artwork. You would shut off the screen, then wake it back up, and you'd see the entire acreen taken up by the curre...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • album artwork
    Android
    full screen
    lock screen
    s8+
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Recommended songs is stuck to reggae

My main playlist contains many types of music and in a list of approx 200 songs there must be about 4 reggae songs. Why is Recomended Songs stuck to reggae and it has been like this for months now and after 100 refreshes it is still reggae only. It i...

• Casual Listener
  • My main playlist contains many types of music and in a list of approx 200 songs there must be about 4 reggae songs. Why is Recomended Songs stuck to reggae and it has been like this for months now an...
  • harrythebarrel
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't sync Spotify account to Touchtunes

I was having a looping issue trying to sync my Spotify account to my Touchtunes account at a local bar. I was using my android phone and both of the services (Spotify and Touchtunes) were apps downloaded from the Google Play Store. I was unsuccessful...

• I was having a looping issue trying to sync my Spotify account to my Touchtunes account at a local bar.  I was using my android phone and both of the services (Spotify and Touchtunes) were apps ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Can't sing in my account whit Facebook

Some many times I've Try and I can't logging. I don't have any idea what to do, can you help me?

• Some many times I've Try and I can't logging. I don't have any idea what to do, can you help me?
  • justinewin_
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution App not responsive initially when launched

Hi, I'm using Nexus 6P (Android 7.1.2).I noticed that for the recent Spotify app versions, the app is not initially responsive when I first launch the app. The home screen & menu appear fine, but when I click on a song & do an action (add song to que...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I'm using Nexus 6P (Android 7.1.2). I noticed that for the recent Spotify app versions, the app is not initially responsive when I first launch the app. The home screen & menu appear fine, b...
  • ednghs
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Album I used to have inexplicably missing from spotify now

Hey guys so a while ago an album called Backspacer by pearl jam was removed from my library save for two random songs from it, when I goto the album from my library there is no option to see the full album and if I goto the Pearl jam artist page the ...

• Hey guys so a while ago an album called Backspacer by pearl jam was removed from my library save for two random songs from it, when I goto the album from my library there is no option to see the full...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Zte max pro not downloading music

My phone doesnt wanna download music offline, im using a zte max pro, i have it activated as cellular data to download but it still wont download offline, the notification for downloading shows ontop but it goes away in a couple of seconds, and in th...

• Casual Listener
  • My phone doesnt wanna download music offline, im using a zte max pro, i have it activated as cellular data to download but it still wont download offline, the notification for downloading shows ontop...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Ad Language Incorrect

I have searched the community, and spotify's help, and can't find any way to tell spotify to make my ads in the english language. Spotify says to click on the down arrow in the upper right corner to change my language, but my account settings don't e...

• Casual Listener
  • I have searched the community, and spotify's help, and can't find any way to tell spotify to make my ads in the english language.   Spotify says to click on the down arrow in the upper right c...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Tethering MobileData, Chromecast and Spotify

As of a few days ago, my ChromeCast can not be seen in my Devices box in Spotify when I am sharing/tethering my Mobilenetwork. I used to just go out to my shop, turn on MobileDate, then turn on the Tethering Wifi and then my Samsung Note 3 finds my 2...

• Casual Listener
  • As of a few days ago, my ChromeCast can not be seen in my Devices box in Spotify when I am sharing/tethering my Mobilenetwork.   I used to just go out to my shop, turn on MobileDate, then turn...
  • LoganHelps
  • Composer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Bluetooth "Wave" Adds

Hello, I was wondering if there was anyway to turn off the constant adds to connect to the "wave" app when I connect to my cars Bluetooth. I have premium so I would think there's a way to stop these adds on the top banner but I can't figure out a way...

• Hello, I was wondering if there was anyway to turn off the constant adds to connect to the "wave" app when I connect to my cars Bluetooth. I have premium so I would think there's a way to stop these ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Transferência de dados para o Micro SD que não finaliza.

Coloquei para transferir os dados da memória interna para o SD e o Spotify não finaliza nunca, o que fazer?

• Coloquei para transferir os dados da memória interna para o SD e o Spotify não finaliza nunca, o que fazer?
  • Lyandral
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Android no funciona

en Android me muestra el siguiente anuncio y no reproduce el anuncio, no deja cambiar de canción. Reinicio la App y sigue igual. Tengo que reiniciar el móvil o la tablet para que funcioneIt stay stopped at advertising, dont show the add, and dont put...

• Regular
  • en Android me muestra el siguiente anuncio y no reproduce el anuncio, no deja cambiar de canción. Reinicio la App y sigue igual. Tengo que reiniciar el móvil o la tablet para que funcione It stay st...
  • Usarnamed
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Default Opening Screen

I guess I don't exactly know where to post this as I do not know if the IOS version has this option or not. I can't be the only one in saying that I wish there was a way to set what screen you wanted spotify to open up to. I personally don't care abo...

• Regular
  • I guess I don't exactly know where to post this as I do not know if the IOS version has this option or not. I can't be the only one in saying that I wish there was a way to set what screen you wanted...
  • Maria_B
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

music removed

All of the songs I saved cant be found in my music. When i go to a Playlist or the Album itself it is still saved but in my music, nothing is there.It happend once before but my saved music was back a few hours later.

• All of the songs I saved cant be found in my music. When i go to a Playlist or the Album itself it is still saved but in my music, nothing is there. It happend once before but my saved music was bac...
  • feelikeastrangr
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify is using too much data to play downloaded tracks

I've noticed the app is using tons of data, 22MB just this morning - in one and a half hour, to be precise - while playing ONLY DOWNLOADED TRACKS. That's not the only problem, it's also stopping from playing downloaded tracks when the phone gets offl...

• I've noticed the app is using tons of data, 22MB just this morning - in one and a half hour, to be precise - while playing ONLY DOWNLOADED TRACKS. That's not the only problem, it's also stopping from...
  • Existenz_10
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Downloaded albums disappear randomly

This has been happening a lot more recently with premium it seems. I download about 20 albums and sometimes they will just randomly show up as if I had not downloaded them. Some of them when I try to redownload instantly go green as if it just rememb...

• Casual Listener
  • This has been happening a lot more recently with premium it seems. I download about 20 albums and sometimes they will just randomly show up as if I had not downloaded them.   Some of them when...
  • livindreads
  • Regular
  • 20 replies
  • 9 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 9 likes

Superuser Contribution Offline albums disappear as soon as i play an album using mobile data.

Hi, I am running Spotify app on my Samsung S7 Edge.I have recently noticed that all of my offline content (albums) keep disappearing and I today I have realised that this is triggered when I play an non downloaded album using mobile data. Does anyone...

• Hi,   I am running Spotify app on my Samsung S7 Edge. I have recently noticed that all of my offline content (albums) keep disappearing and I today I have realised that this is triggered when...
  • Sophia
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Behind the lyrics not working?

I am using a Huawei Honor 8 and I am veey excited for the feature Behind the lyrics, got the update containing the feature but it does not work. The feature can be turned on or off in the settings but it still does not show up even if I am listening ...

• Regular
  • I am using a Huawei Honor 8 and I am veey excited for the feature Behind the lyrics, got the update containing the feature but it does not work. The feature can be turned on or off in the settings bu...
  • Andeyj1
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stops when screen goes off

I have a Sony Xperia XZ, fully updated, Android 7.1.1 and use Bang & Olufsen H6 headphones. Since yesterday, playback stops when my display turns off, as if I've pressed pause. Happens when I stream or play offline playlists. Tried another set of hea...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a Sony Xperia XZ, fully updated, Android 7.1.1 and use Bang & Olufsen H6 headphones. Since yesterday, playback stops when my display turns off, as if I've pressed pause. Happens when I str...
  • cadmielp
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Help with downloading

So on Spotify on Wi-Fi at home. My playlist was downloaded but for some reason since ive added a couple new, the whole olatlisr has undownloaded. Anyway went to turn download off and on again but it says turn cellular download on in settings to downl...

• Regular
  • So on Spotify on Wi-Fi at home. My playlist was downloaded but for some reason since ive added a couple new, the whole olatlisr has undownloaded. Anyway went to turn download off and on again but it ...
  • matty1610
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes