Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • AFCM6456
  • Casual Listener
  • 65 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 65 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • shahn321
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Android homescreen widget is semi-useless as it is now?

Currently on Galaxy S7 Edge but have encountered this issue in several android phones. The widget goes blank after a while if music is not playing. This may be related to android ram management but Spotify should make it persistent (only the homescre...

• Casual Listener
  • Currently on Galaxy S7 Edge but have encountered this issue in several android phones. The widget goes blank after a while if music is not playing. This may be related to android ram management but S...
  • naroslife
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 5 likes

Spotify app Android keeps crashing

My Spotify app keeps crashing when I start it. I have the latest update and also running on Android 7.1.1 on my OnePlus 5T. The app starts and close after 3 seconds.

• Casual Listener
  • My Spotify app keeps crashing when I start it. I have the latest update and also running on Android 7.1.1 on my OnePlus 5T. The app starts and close after 3 seconds. 
  • Willypete
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 2 likes

Spotify licensing just took a dump

This morning I was suprised to learn, by accident, that a LOT of my playlists' songs are greyed out and no longer playable. Most notably Billy Idol and The Mavericks have several songs that I can no longer play, presumably because Spotify has gotten ...

• Regular
  • This morning I was suprised to learn, by accident, that a LOT of my playlists' songs are greyed out and no longer playable.  Most notably Billy Idol and The Mavericks have several songs that I c...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Cannot use spotify to play music on my smartwatch

Spotify is reliant on my phone i cant play music through the smart watch or devices conectrd to it. Maybe im missing something please write back.

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify is reliant on my phone i cant play music through the smart watch or devices conectrd to it. Maybe im missing something please write back.
  • Jokin1
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify does not open on my Samsung S8+

Spotify was working fine up until a couple of days ago. Now when I try to open the app it just shows a black screen with the options at the bottom but none of the buttons work.

• Spotify was working fine up until a couple of days ago.  Now when I try to open the app it just shows a black screen with the options at the bottom but none of the buttons work. 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify lag issues. (17/01/18)

I had been using Spotify Premium regularly for a number of months but in recent weeks a command / response lag has developed which effects just about every aspect of using the app. Sometimes the lag can be as long as minutes before catching up with a...

• I had been using Spotify Premium regularly for a number of months but in recent weeks a command / response lag has developed which effects just about every aspect of using the app. Sometimes the lag ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

The Samsung multiroom app is in Mute

The Samsung multiroom app is in Mute mode after 10 to 15 minutes when I stream music from Spotify to my speakers (only applies when I stream from Spotify). No power saver enabled and both speaker and app are the latest version (application version of...

• The Samsung multiroom app is in Mute mode after 10 to 15 minutes when I stream music from Spotify to my speakers (only applies when I stream from Spotify). No power saver enabled and both speaker and...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify haengt be Wechsel zu neuem Lied

Hallo liebe Community! Ich habe nun seid kurzem ein neues Handy. Natuerlich habe ich sofort Spotify installiert und alle meine Playlist, die ich auf meinem alten Geraet runtergeladen hatte, runtergeladen. Nun startete ich meine Playlist. Es lief alle...

• Hallo liebe Community!   Ich habe nun seid kurzem ein neues Handy. Natuerlich habe ich sofort Spotify installiert und alle meine Playlist, die ich auf meinem alten Geraet runtergeladen hatte, ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Volume problems with Spotify ???????

I discovered recently that Spotify is heard low, the same at medium or maximum volume, with the headphones or speakers of the smartphone. Compare Google Play Music and Spotify in extreme audio quality and Spotify is heard lower, being a premium user ...

• Casual Listener
  • I discovered recently that Spotify is heard low, the same at medium or maximum volume, with the headphones or speakers of the smartphone. Compare Google Play Music and Spotify in extreme audio qualit...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Album art

hi the album covers don't appear in my lockscreen can you help me im using huawei p9 lite

• hi the album covers don't appear in my lockscreen can you help me im using huawei p9 lite
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Downloaded/Offline collection turning itself off

First off sorry if this has another thread - hard to describe the problem to search for a solution. My problem is that every now and again my downloaded collection will disappear - not the saved data requiring it to be redownloaded - everything that ...

• First off sorry if this has another thread - hard to describe the problem to search for a solution.   My problem is that every now and again my downloaded collection will disappear - not the s...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Nao consigo entrar

Minha mae comecou a usar o aplicativo no Android dela no modo free e fazendo login pelo Facebook, quando mudou para pacote premium familiar, nao consegue mais o acesso! Vem a mensagem de que no momento ela encontra-se off-line e precisa conectar-se, ...

• Casual Listener
  • Minha mae comecou a usar o aplicativo no Android dela no modo free e fazendo login pelo Facebook, quando mudou para pacote premium familiar, nao consegue mais o acesso! Vem a mensagem de que no momen...
  • Bittencourt
  • Spotify Star
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Download local files only

Hi folks, I tried to make a playlist dedicated to my local files and then I tried to download it on my phone but the files just didn't sync. The only way for me to play my non Spotify mp3s was to download my whole playlist, which filled my phone to t...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi folks, I tried to make a playlist dedicated to my local files and then I tried to download it on my phone but the files just didn't sync. The only way for me to play my non Spotify mp3s was to dow...
  • ryanknighton88
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Song skips first several minutes

In the past week, I've noticed a specific song starts 3+ minutes in. If I manually readjust the time slider, all good. But if I select that specific song or it's in a playlist, the song starts at the same 3+ minute mark. I chose to clear cache and al...

• In the past week, I've noticed a specific song starts 3+ minutes in.   If I manually readjust the time slider, all good.   But if I select that specific song or it's in a playlist...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Download playlist only on Android

Is it possible to download a playlist only in spotify app? I know that Songs allow that but I can't put my local files there.

• Is it possible to download a playlist only in spotify app? I know that Songs allow that but I can't put my local files there.
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Tracks won't download to SD card

Description I can't get my playlists to download offline to my SD card, they keep saving to my phone. What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue? B. TroubleshootingPlease follow the below troubleshooting steps to see if you can resolve the...

• Regular
  • Description I can't get my playlists to download offline to my SD card, they keep saving to my phone.   What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue? B. Troubleshooting...
  • Cwighty14
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums not appearing on artists page

So I use Spotify in my kindle fire, and whenever I search an artist up and look at the albums on their page, only a few of their albums appear. However, if I search the missing albums up (still on Spotify) then they come up (they are registered as al...

• So I use Spotify in my kindle fire, and whenever I search an artist up and look at the albums on their page, only a few of their albums appear. However, if I search the missing albums up (still on Sp...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Music on Spotify is slowed and is impossible to listen only when the screen is locked

Hello everyone, Since I have bought my new phone for Christmas (honor 6c pro), I have a real problem!The music is getting unlistenable when I lock the screen, it's getting really slow and there are a lot of crackling sounds (and sometimes even when t...

• Hello everyone,    Since I have bought my new phone for Christmas (honor 6c pro), I have a real problem! The music is getting unlistenable when I lock the screen, it's getting really slo...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Adapt Sound

Is there any chance that I could use Samsung's adapt sound with Spotify because it really enhances the quality

• Is there any chance that I could use Samsung's adapt sound with Spotify because it really enhances the quality
  • khassardetempla
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution "Your running mix" playlist unavailable

The "Your running mix" playlist by Spotify (the one that matches your running pace with your own music's tempo) is unavailable for my account. It does not appear when I go to the "Running" genre, neither when I search for it in the "Search" tab. I ha...

• Casual Listener
  • The "Your running mix" playlist by Spotify (the one that matches your running pace with your own music's tempo) is unavailable for my account. It does not appear when I go to the "Running" genre, nei...
  • kdcichocki
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 1 likes