Premium

Country

United States

Device

OnePlus 9

Operating System

Android 12 (LineageOS)

My Question or Issue

When another app (Twitter, Instagram, RL Sideswipe) starts playing sound, Spotify will often start playing music wherever I left off on my phone. If music is already playing on my computer, my phone will take over and even ignore whatever I was listening to on the computer. Is there a fix or setting for this? Or a way to prevent Spotify from running in the background and only run if it's in my task manager (or whatever Android calls it)?

3 Replies

Hi @andrewpadg,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community! Sorry for the late reply - we just came by this post.

Interesting. Could you share a short screen recording which shows the app's behavior in action so we can take a closer look? Feel free to also let us know what troubleshooting you've done so we avoid repeating the steps. It's worth performing a clean reinstall of the app if you haven't already.

As for a way to prevent the app from running in the background when closed, Android should have such a feature, but its location or if it's even available to you depends on the phone manufacturer. For me, it's called Autostart and is located under my phone's Settings > Battery, but you can also check the app's battery settings (Settings > Apps > Spotify > Battery).

We'll be on the lookout for your reply. Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I'm working on trying o get a recording. It doesn't happen consistently so
it's hard to predict it.

Hey @andrewpadg,

Thank you for keeping us in the loop.

We appreciate the time you're taking getting the recording of the issue and for sharing this update with us. We'll be waiting for your response.

In case you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to ask.

We'll be on the lookout.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts