Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify on LG Optimus Elite

Solved!

Spotify on LG Optimus Elite

Hi, I downloaded the Spotify App for my phone, but it won't work anymore because it wants me to upgrade to premium. I don't want premium. Is there a way to just use the free version on my phone?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Nope. You were in at trial period before but mobile access is a feature specifically of the Premium subscription level so to continue on your phone you would need to upgrade. With a Free subscription you can continue to use your account on the PC/Mac
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Nope. You were in at trial period before but mobile access is a feature specifically of the Premium subscription level so to continue on your phone you would need to upgrade. With a Free subscription you can continue to use your account on the PC/Mac
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

I recently reset my phone to factory settings and when I wanted to  re-install the app from the Google Store it wouldn't let me.  It said my device was not compatible.  I've had it on this phone, LG optimus, for over a year.  I currently have a premium account .  Can anyone tell me what's going on?

@vic666 wrote:

I recently reset my phone to factory settings and when I wanted to  re-install the app from the Google Store it wouldn't let me.  It said my device was not compatible.  I've had it on this phone, LG optimus, for over a year.  I currently have a premium account .  Can anyone tell me what's going on?

I'm guessing you're on Android Gingerbread. Unfortunately this is no longer supported as per this topic here.

You can however download the apk to install direct from my Dropbox account from here.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts