Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify playing downloaded songs, but no sound. Works fine with streamed songs.

Solved!

Spotify playing downloaded songs, but no sound. Works fine with streamed songs.

Hi there!

I've been encountering this issue for the past few days ever since formatting my phone (HTC One M8), downloaded my playlists over to my phone, resynced everything and tried to play a few of my downloaded/local songs. However, no sound was heard even though the track time was still going. The downloaded songs only play when I restart the track again and again, but when the next track plays, the problem comes back. I believe it's random and I have little to no issue (no sound but track time still goes) playing songs that are on Spotify that I downloaded over to my phone (i.e not local) but it's solved by going online.

TL;DR I can listen to streamed songs, but no sound when playing downloaded/local songs, they only play properly on random occasions.

Here are some things that I have tried to remedy the issue but to no avail:

• Doing a clean install
  • Clearing the cache
  • Doing the 2 above and then restarting
  • Changing music quality
  • Resyncing everything
  • Redownloading the playlist over and over again with different music qualities

I've been facing this issue for days now and tried contacting support, so any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks~!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

ARHD? OK, that is odd then as Mike bases it on stock ROM with just some tweaks and don't think he touches media out.

I think you should make a nandroid (or Titanium backup of the apps... or both) then try a clean install of the ROM wiping system, data & cache. Install Spotify and try playing it, If it works, restore your apps & data backups. If it doesn't work then restore your nandroid and post in the ARHD thread to see if anyone else is experiencing the issue.

If you have no luck there let me know as I know Mike and can escalate your issue with him.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

7 Replies

@xuruha - Does your device have any extra equalizers or anything installed? Does it happen with other apps (if possible to test)?

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi, It does happen to my stock Music player app, and yes, there is a equalizer (h/k audio) but I have that disabled. Perhaps the fault lies in my device's ROM?

Sounds possible if it hsppens to the stock player also.

What ROM are you running? I use InsertCoin (latest svn build) without the HK mod with no issues.

Android Troubleshooting:

I'm using Android Revolution HD, I'll try another ROM and see if Spotify works then.
Thanks!

Marked as solution

ARHD? OK, that is odd then as Mike bases it on stock ROM with just some tweaks and don't think he touches media out.

I think you should make a nandroid (or Titanium backup of the apps... or both) then try a clean install of the ROM wiping system, data & cache. Install Spotify and try playing it, If it works, restore your apps & data backups. If it doesn't work then restore your nandroid and post in the ARHD thread to see if anyone else is experiencing the issue.

If you have no luck there let me know as I know Mike and can escalate your issue with him.

Android Troubleshooting:

I did a clean install of a new ROM and the problem is solved. Perhaps I did not do a clean enough install on my previous ARHD rom? 

Anyways thanks for the help. Problem resolved!

When a new base is released it's always worth a clean install... especailly as a new firmware was also released as it can leads to random FC's or issues such as this. Anyway, glad to see it's fixed.

Android Troubleshooting:

Suggested posts