Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify playlist is showing wrong number and total duration

Spotify playlist is showing wrong number and total duration

My question or issue

Hello. I dont know how to explain as certain but My playlist number and total duration is shown wrong in my android phone. But when i opened Pc is showing true. And moreover I am adding song in my phone and number of songs is not changing. I tried with 3 different android phone too but still showing same and not passing beyond but why computer is showing true and why not android devices.. Can somebody help me as soon as possible? Thanks already

Plan

Free

Country

Turkey

Device

Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Operating System

Android 

16 Replies

Hey @AisArda,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Just to confirm, what happens if you try to update your Galaxy Note 2's operating system as well as the Spotify app to the latest version? Doing the same with the other Android phones you tested this with would also help.

Let us know how you get on. We'll be here if there's anything else we can help with 🙂

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello  @Mario , yes They are in last version..as i said.. I tried with 3 different android too but conclusion is still same

Hey @AisArda,

Thanks for your reply.

Would you mind confirming the exact version of both your Galaxy Note 2 operating system and your Spotify app? Just to double-check if there are any new available updates at the moment since this could do the trick. 

Meanwhile, try a clean reinstall of Spotify on your Note 2. Here you'll find all the steps you need to follow for this. 

Hope you'll find this useful. Let us know how you get on!

Mario Moderator

First. My spotify version is 8.6.46.886 and operating system android 4.4.2. They are in the last version when i checked out  Next, I did them already. I uninstalled and reinstalled spotify , cleaned cache data of Spotify or phone , hard reset at phone etc.. Conclusion is same.

Hi @AisArda

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Would you mind sending us some screenshots of what you're seeing on your end in the mobile app and in the desktop app as well so we can take a closer look? Make sure no to send any private info.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Screenshot_2021-07-29-08-02-00.pngthumbnail_20210729_075933-1.jpg

In first photo its showing off 492 songs in my phone and not going its beyond. I added a few songs for try.. and staying stable.. Second photo in computer.. and its showing 520.. when i counted.. yeah really there are 520 songs. 

Hi there @AisArda,

Thanks for the reply.

Since this playlist is quite big, it might be the case that the setting to Show Unplayable songs is not enabled. Could you go into the Spotify settings and switch that on. Afterwards log out and back in and check if the number of songs is the same as on the PC.

Cheeers.

AlexModerator

Unfortunately , i switched it on and logged out and in as you said but Still same

Hey there @AisArda,

Thanks for the reply and for checking that possibility.

Can you let us know if the playlist is Private or Collaborative?

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Frankly , It is private and belongs to me

Hi there @AisArda,

Thanks for the reply.

We've checked this with the teams backstage and since your account is on Free, on-demand playback isn't available on mobile, so some songs are most likely excluded from the shuffle experience and this is why it appears that the playlist has fewer tracks on it. 

So you'd need a Premium account to see the full number of songs which can be played on-demand and shuffle on Mobile.

Hope this clears things up. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator

Oh I got it.. Okay Thanks for answered to all moderators

I have the same issue where my playlist on Spotify premium shows wrong number

Vinne1019_0-1642815451786.pngVinne1019_1-1642815462319.png

Hey there @Vinne1019,

Thank you for your reply in this thread.

Can you let us know if you followed the troubleshooting steps that's been provided in this thread?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Yes I have followed the troubleshooting steps.

Hi @Vinne1019,

Thanks for the reply.

You can check if the number of songs change when your switch on or off the settings "Show unplayable songs" and "Show explicit content", as those might be influencing the number of songs displayed on each device.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator

Suggested posts