Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify says I'm offline when signing in from a computer

Solved!

Spotify says I'm offline when signing in from a computer

Hello, I have Spotify Premium, I'm living in Mexico, and I've been having trouble with my spotify!! The thing is I can log in from my phone - but when I try to use spotify from my computer (Dell - Windows 10), it shows that it's offline. (I'm already signed in, but I can't listen to anything because it says I'm offline). However, it's NOT on offline mode, and I do have an internet connection. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling spotify several times and the problem persists. It displays error code:4. What can I do?

My Question or Issue

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello Alfredo, thanks for the suggestions.

I figured it out: I deactivated the proxy server on my Spotify settings and I haven't had trouble with Spotify since then!

Best,

Sarai

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @Saraif, welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with logging into your account. We'll definitely be able to help out though.

Is this happening on a home or office network? If it's a home network, try restarting your network router to see if it makes a difference.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

Hi  @SergioDavid, tried it and unfortunately that didn't help. Spotify still says I'm offline. Except I can listen to music from Spotify when I log in from Spotify web (open spotify on a browser), and on my phone, but not from my desktop app. It's a home network.

Hey @Saraif.

Thanks for getting back to us with this info!

In case you have an antivirus or firewall protecting your desktop, make sure Spotify is set as an exception to those before trying again.

You can also try using a different internet connection to see if it helps. If you don't have access to a different WiFi or cable connection, try tethering your phone's data plan for a moment to test it out.

Keep us posted.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”
― Maria Augusta von Trapp
Marked as solution

Hello Alfredo, thanks for the suggestions.

I figured it out: I deactivated the proxy server on my Spotify settings and I haven't had trouble with Spotify since then!

Best,

Sarai

Suggested posts