Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stop playing after every song. Sony Xperia Z5 compact

Spotify stop playing after every song. Sony Xperia Z5 compact

After the latest update to 3.9.0.965 the playback stops at the end of every song. No error message is shown and if I press next the next song will play but then stop again at the end.
47 Replies

Crossfade trick didn`t work for me, but i used the "delete cache and saverd data" function under setting in the spotify app on the phone.
Logged in again and downloaded the playlists I had before, has worked perfect since.

How many of you used  the SD card from your old phone on the new one?

Last time spotify had this problem it was related to that spotify got trouble to decide where to play the song from when playlists was downloaded, the solution then was to delete the app and all its data, then istall it again then it was ok.

Now they have a function to get rid of this data without deleting the app.

Does this work for others?

Works perfect cheers mate 😄

Crossfade tweak worked! Thanks!

OK, so while using the APK from

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Spotify-stop-playing-after-every-song-Sony-Xperia-Z5-c...

works, this is of course a workaround, because the APK of that URL is an older version of Spotify for Android, namely 3.4.0762.

When will we (Z5 Compact users) be able to download and use the latest version (3.9+) from Google Play again?

Otherwise, I think I'll try the crossfade workaround instead of staying on an old version.

Latest update from Spotify seems to have solved the issue, I have removed cross fade and it's playing as normal now.

I have a premium account and happen the same, always the next song don't sound. And sometimes the lockscreen don't show me the buttons. I have a z5 compact, please Spotify work in what happen with all the Xperia z5.

Yes, I've also noticed they've broken it again, a week or two ago I think. Actually around the 17th of January, I've looked it up just now.

I've resorted to the trick of using a crossfade of 1 second between songs. That seems to work.

I have premium account, downloaded playlist for offline play, have tried everything in the forums with no success. Really a pain...

What only fixed the issue for me was downloading "spotify-4-4-0-991-multi-android.apk" (it's a beta for my surprise)

http://spotify.en.uptodown.com/android/old

Remember to enable Install Unknown Sources in the Security Options to enable install apps not from PlayStore.
And also to disable automatic updates from Play Store app.

I hope they fix this soon.

Suggested posts