Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New Android Feature: Swipe to queue songs

Android users voiced their feedback and Spotify has listened. This feature was previously only available in the iOS app. You can now swipe to queue songs in the Android app! This new feature is currently rolling out to Premium users so you should see...

AndroidSwipeToQueue.gif
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Somerandomrr
  • Visitor
  • 20 replies
  • 41 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 41 likes

New Your Library view

Spotify has introduced a new version of Your Library to mobile users of the iOS and Android apps. Come on over to the main Community thread to get an overview of what's new and share your feedback: New Your Library view (iOS & Android)

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 48 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify closes automatically

Hi, My spotify closes automatically after a short while. It happens with my headset when i m not doing anything else or when i have it connected to an aux cable in the car so i can use it as music and as navigation. I have a LG G2. Can somebody tell ...

• Hi,   My spotify closes automatically after a short while. It happens with my headset when i m not doing anything else or when i have it connected to an aux cable in the car so i can use it ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Please help facebook account wont unlink from account

My stupid little brother has used my face book account for his spotify how do I unlink the account?

• My stupid little brother has used my face book account for his spotify how do I unlink the account?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Chat messages not showing on android device

So i'm having problems with the messaging on Spotify, on my computer I have no problem to show the conversation and send texts and share music, but on my android phone (Samsung Galaxy S5), the inbox is empty, please let me know if you have an answer ...

• Casual Listener
  • So i'm having problems with the messaging on Spotify, on my computer I have no problem to show the conversation and send texts and share music, but on my android phone (Samsung Galaxy S5), the inbox ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Android
    Chat
    Messaging
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! off-line notification

My wife uses my account when she cleans and sometimes she tries to use it when I am. Is there a way to tell if a user is off-line? If I know she is off-line then I can still listen at work.

• Regular
  • My wife uses my account when she cleans and sometimes she tries to use it when I am. Is there a way to tell if a user is off-line? If I know she is off-line then I can still listen at work.
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Lockscreen background (album cover) keeps after closing Spotify app

Hi I'm experiencing this "bug" since I updated my Nexus 5 to Lollipop: I'm in offline mode and after stopping music, background in lockscreen doesn't revert to system defined. I tried with "x" button in lockscreen, stop button on Spotify app, closing...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi   I'm experiencing this "bug" since I updated my Nexus 5 to Lollipop: I'm in offline mode and after stopping music, background in lockscreen doesn't revert to system defined. I tried with...
  • abaymajr
  • Regular
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

App eating up tons of mobile data?

Just listened to 2 hours of streaming music and the app ate up 500mb of data??I'm on version 2.2.0.636. I'm connected with AT&T LTE network. It's set to "normal" quality and download over cell networks is disabled.At the ~96kbps that is supposed to b...

• Regular
  • Just listened to 2 hours of streaming music and the app ate up 500mb of data?? I'm on version 2.2.0.636. I'm connected with AT&T LTE network. It's set to "normal" quality and download over ...
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Bild einer playlist ändern

Wie kann man das Bild einer spotifyplaylist ändern??

• Wie kann man das Bild einer spotifyplaylist ändern??
  • MichaelW
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Music stored on pc doesnt dowload on android

Hi there.So i have spotify premium, and i already sync the songs of my preferences that are on spotify.The catch is that the songs that i have on my pc (and that spotify already tracked on) cannot be sync to be heard offline on my android device ( Mo...

• Hi there. So i have spotify premium, and i already sync the songs of my preferences that are on spotify. The catch is that the songs that i have on my pc (and that spotify already tracked on) c...
  • bean420
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify linking tracks when synced

Hi When i sync my playlists to my android phone local files get linked to the spotify database. I dont want my local files linked. Can this be turned off anyway? As itis screwing up my last.fm scrobbles.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi   When i sync my playlists to my android phone local files get linked to the spotify database. I dont want my local files linked. Can this be turned off anyway? As itis screwing up my las...
  • Bigal007
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Followed artists disappeared

Hi. I've spent a long time researching and following artists interested in, and now they've all disappeared. All saved tracks and playlists are still there, it's just all of my 'Followed' tags have gone. Any ideas why or how to get them back?Many tha...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi. I've spent a long time researching and following artists interested in, and now they've all disappeared. All saved tracks and playlists are still there, it's just all of my 'Followed' tags ha...
  • cohenfs
  • Roadie
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify cache takes up to 17.6 GB on SD card - even after deleting it in the application itself...

Hi, I am wondering how I can delete the Spotify cache memory, which takes up 17.6 GB on my SD card on my Android phone. Using the 'delete cache' button in Settings in the Spofity app obviously does not work. My attempt to manually delete this folder ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I am wondering how I can delete the Spotify cache memory, which takes up 17.6 GB on my SD card on my Android phone.   Using the 'delete cache' button in Settings in the Spofity app obvio...
  • boowy
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 6 likes

Songs pause after being played

Greetings everyone. I have a problem with my playlists and songs in these lists. On the 2/11 my phone updated Spotify without problem. But right after the update, there has been an issue I couldn't fix it. Randomly pauses the songs after they have be...

• Regular
  • Greetings everyone.   I have a problem with my playlists and songs in these lists. On the 2/11 my phone updated Spotify without problem. But right after the update, there has been an issue I...
  • Lazalit
  • Regular
  • 11 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Android 4.4.4
    Crossfade
    Issues
    pauses
    Playlist
    songs
    Spotify
  • 11 replies
  • 2 likes

Bug spotify in lenovo s660

Hi, i bought recently a lenovo s660, it's a great phone, but spotify have some troubles, playlist with only spotify music work perfect, but my music syncronized on any list stops when the song finish, if any one have the solution o can tell me how to...

• Hi, i bought recently a lenovo s660, it's a great phone, but spotify have some troubles, playlist with only spotify music work perfect, but my music syncronized on any list stops when the song finish...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! SOS when I change of country Spotify doesn't let me sign in

I am from Argentina and everytime I go to another country Spotify automatically logs me out and doesn't let me sign in. It is the 3rd time that this happens to me. Here's what happened: I've trip from my country to Europe (London, Edinburgh and Franc...

• Regular
  • I am from Argentina and everytime I go to another country Spotify automatically logs me out and doesn't let me sign in. It is the 3rd time that this happens to me. Here's what happened: I've trip fro...
  • Pete
  • Roadie
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

My from login is diferent

Im try to login in my account of spotify using facebook and get error my from is diferent of my last login, and is the same, Uruguay, how fix it?

• Im try to login in my account of spotify using facebook and get error my from is diferent of my last login, and is the same, Uruguay, how fix it?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

That "Connect" feature again, leaving Spotify unless it's possible to "disconnect" connect, help!

Hi Seems like this is still an issue and I can't disconnect my droid from my PC etc. I simply hate this feature, my phone is not my PC and vice versa. This is so irritating that I can't use spotify atm, any solution? Thank you.

• Casual Listener
  • Hi   Seems like this is still an issue and I can't disconnect my droid from my PC etc. I simply hate this feature, my phone is not my PC and vice versa.   This is so irritating that...
  • Taylor
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

trouble with continuous listening to songs

I just updated my sportify app on my sony xperia z2, but for some reason, my music won't go to the next song when the song i started with ended. This happens only (I think) with songs that aren't from spotify. If i want to go to the next song i have ...

• I just updated my sportify app on my sony xperia z2, but for some reason, my music won't go to the next song when the song i started with ended. This happens only (I think) with songs that aren't fro...
  • bjornfers
  • Casual Listener
  • 39 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 39 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify doesn't load synced playlists.

Spotify won't load a playlist for me even though it's synced offline. All other playlists works but not my main with about 1050 songs in it. I got a lot of space to go on the phone so that shouldn't be a problem and the other playlists I got are most...

• Regular
  • Spotify won't load a playlist for me even though it's synced offline. All other playlists works but not my main with about 1050 songs in it. I got a lot of space to go on the phone so that shouldn't ...
  • FoXz
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Distorted playback with latest version (2.2.0.636)

Hello there ! Here's the provided "form" filled : Description Since latest update all playback is distorted, like an old corrupted compressed audio file... The sound is completely degraded, even from a synchronised track that was working fine before....

• Music Fan
  • Hello there ! Here's the provided "form" filled :   Description   Since latest update all playback is distorted, like an old corrupted compressed audio file... The sound is complete...
  • djiock
  • Music Fan
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes