Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stopping randomly

Spotify stopping randomly

Hi.

Maybe every 15 minutes (sometimes 5 minutes sometimes 30 minutes) Spotify stops playing. Even I don't do anything on my phone.
It stops playing much more often if I browse in chrome.
Sometimes the app is closed. Sometimes still open and I have to press play again.

It drives me crazy. Listening to music should be fun and not depressing. Definitely a reason to move to Amazon or Google if not solved.

P. S. There are hundreds of solutions out there... I tried some. But sure I won't waste my time to fix problems from a paid app....
6 Replies

Hi. Please post details of your device, android version and spotify version. A note of what you have tried so far would be helpful too, thanks.

I am using Android 5.02 on Xiaomi Mi4i phone.
Always the latest version of Spotify which is now 7.0.0.

I tried to delete and uninstall all Spotify files. Not sure what else I tried. I spend one day trying different things. But that was already maybe 2 months ago. So can't really remember.

Thanks for the information. This was a common problem with the early versions of android lollipop and the general view was that there was some memory leakage causing free RAM to drop to the point where the system would start suspending or closing running apps. This is also why spotify is paused when you use chrome.

All I can suggest is to install a memory cleaner such as clean master and use it regularly to keep as much RAM free as possible. Also, uninstall any apps you don't use regularly, especially thos which run background processes.

Thanks. I Will Try.
Too Bad There IS No Real Solution 😞

Unfortunately it doesn't work. I have 500 MB free ram. And it still keeps stopping.
Or do I have to clean RAM every 10 minutes?

I guess that means good bye Spotify.

I have the same problem, but it happens just when I put a jack for the speakers. I have more the 700 Mb of free Ram but it still happens, it pause as soon as I press play.

Suggested posts