Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • ThomasWYale
  • Visitor
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes
  • 64 replies
  • 25 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 51 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Samsun Gear icon x

Hi,I'm Sofien. Sorry for my english but i'm italian. So, i bought samsung galaxy icon x how can i add my spotify playlist on local storage of this device?

• Hi, I'm Sofien. Sorry for my english but i'm italian.  So, i bought samsung galaxy icon x how can i add my spotify playlist on local storage of this device?
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't save whole album

Hello People,My problem is that I can't save a whole album. I can save a couple of songs but the other songs are grey. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? The album in particular is 'Young as the morning and old as the sea' from Passenger. I ha...

• Hello People, My problem is that I can't save a whole album. I can save a couple of songs but the other songs are grey. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? The album in particular is 'Young ...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

turn app from offline to online

There appears to be no way to turn the app from offline to online. There is no settings button, no more button, nothing.

• There appears to be no way to turn the app from offline to online. There is no settings button, no more button, nothing.
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Cannot Add Songs To Playlist

Hey Guys, So I'm using an S7 Edge and recently having issues adding songs to playlists. When I click add to playlist on a song all that happens is it closes the options and doesn't bring up the playlists I could add the song to. Has anyone else exper...

• Regular
  • Hey Guys,   So I'm using an S7 Edge and recently having issues adding songs to playlists. When I click add to playlist on a song all that happens is it closes the options and doesn't bring up ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Daily Mix Problem

I accidentally pressed the ban button and then a countdown showed up. In that moment in exicetment, I banned an artist. But everything was so fast. I couldnt get what happened. So i tried same thing this time to solve what it is. And two artist banne...

• I accidentally pressed the ban button and then a countdown showed up. In that moment in exicetment, I banned an artist. But everything was so fast. I couldnt get what happened. So i tried same thing ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Changing country killed my Spotify settings

Hello, I'm Italian and work in the Netherlands.I always travel through the two countries many times (like weekends in Italy and working days in the Netherlands).I used to have my Spotify Premium since like 2 years working always correctly.I was regis...

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I'm Italian and work in the Netherlands. I always travel through the two countries many times (like weekends in Italy and working days in the Netherlands). I used to have my Spotify Premium ...
  • dacasanovat
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • country
    Premium
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Ford sync problem

Can anyone tell me how to fix Spotify playing through sync in my transit custom, basically it was working fine until lately, sync finds the app no problem but when I click on it to start it doesn't! Ive tried master reset, I've also pulled the fuse t...

• Casual Listener
  • Can anyone tell me how to fix Spotify playing through sync in my transit custom, basically it was working fine until lately, sync finds the app no problem but when I click on it to start it doesn't! ...
  • John_Madden
  • Music Fan
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Cannot play music

I have been using Spotify (without premium) for several months with my LG G5. Yesterday every time I pressed the play button a message that says “get premium now to play ad free music everywhere”. I checked internet connection and it was fine. Tried ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have been using Spotify (without premium) for several months with my LG G5. Yesterday every time I pressed the play button a message that says “get premium now to play ad free music everywhere”. I ...
  • Chengcharmaine
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[Mobile][Music] Spotify Bug

I'm using Spotify Premium on my Galaxy S7 Edge. Recently, I noticed that the music doesn't stop playing even when answering calls and playing video on Facebook unlike before. I have to open Spotify and pause the music before I can watch video on YouT...

• Casual Listener
  • I'm using Spotify Premium on my Galaxy S7 Edge. Recently, I noticed that the music doesn't stop playing even when answering calls and playing video on Facebook unlike before. I have to open Spotify a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Mobile
    music
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I cant play music in Spotify and explorer, chrome or other game.

Se cierra la aplicacion de Spotify en mi celular Lg g3 beat, cada ves que uso un explorador o juego algun juego. El juego no tiene activado el sonido. Pero porque se cierra la app de Spotify?

• Se cierra la aplicacion de Spotify en mi celular Lg g3 beat, cada ves que uso un explorador o juego algun juego. El juego no tiene activado el sonido. Pero porque se cierra la app de Spotify?
  • LucyLuLuu
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Music doesn't pause once headphones are removed

In the latest update, music carries on playing through the phone's speaker after the headphone has been removed. I'm on Android 7.1 (Google Pixel) and it seems like other people are having this issue on other phones/OS versions.

• Casual Listener
  • In the latest update, music carries on playing through the phone's speaker after the headphone has been removed.   I'm on Android 7.1 (Google Pixel) and it seems like other people are having t...
  • kirashi
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Music on SD card not downloaded

I got a Samsung Galaxy S5 which I have transfered my music to the SD card beacuse I only have 16GB of internal storage. But when I transfered the music I lost the offline list, and I turned of the celluar network and Wi-Fi and I couldn't play music, ...

• Regular
  • I got a Samsung Galaxy S5 which I have transfered my music to the SD card beacuse I only have 16GB of internal storage. But when I transfered the music I lost the offline list, and I turned of the ce...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

text verification

i am not receiving the code that spotify is sending me to update my payment details. i need to update my subscription not to be cut off..help!

• i am not receiving the code that spotify is sending me to update my payment details. i need to update my subscription not to be cut off..help!
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Most important feature lost

Spotify doesnt appear in the status bar. If i disconnect from bluetooth sound or 3.5mm headphone jack the sound doesnt stop anymore. Similar Problem with youtube: if i start a youtube video spotify doesnt automatically stop and resume anymore.In case...

• Spotify doesnt appear in the status bar. If i disconnect from bluetooth sound or 3.5mm headphone jack the sound doesnt stop anymore. Similar Problem with youtube: if i start a youtube video spotify d...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify's Randomizer

How exactly does the Android app shuffle music? Something I've noticed while using the radio feature and shuffling my playlists. The radio will only ever pull a handful of songs from the base artist and throw in like three or four songs from another ...

• Casual Listener
  • How exactly does the Android app shuffle music? Something I've noticed while using the radio feature and shuffling my playlists. The radio will only ever pull a handful of songs from the base artist ...
  • Sanzo2point0
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't acces Artists or albums under 'Your Music'

When I enter an artist in your music, it just stay 'loading' forever, and it happens over WiFi and with 4g.Playlist do work btwAny solution?

• Casual Listener
  • When I enter an artist in your music, it just stay 'loading' forever, and it happens over WiFi and with 4g. Playlist do work btw Any solution?
  • theloginova
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

App keeps crushing

Im currently using a Redmi Note 2android version 5.0.2 LRX22Gall of a sudden my spotify keeps crashing the moment i start the app. if i reinstall and log in with my facebook account it will run as normal. the moment i download any playlist and play a...

• Casual Listener
  • Im currently using a Redmi Note 2 android version 5.0.2 LRX22G all of a sudden my spotify keeps crashing the moment i start the app. if i reinstall and log in with my facebook account it will...
  • rozencruz
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Disconnectiom from wifi

Recently my spotify app has been disconnection from there internet i use premium but i started a new account to see what might have happened and it disconnected from the internet also can someone please explain why that is.

• Recently my spotify app has been disconnection from there internet i use premium but i started a new account to see what might have happened and it disconnected from the internet also can someone ple...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify app on broken device means I can't log in on new phone

Hiya, I had a Samsung but it got broken so am now using a different device. I downloaded the app again and tried to log in but it said that I already had an account set up in that name. I have gone on line and used the "log out on other devices" func...

• Hiya, I had a Samsung but it got broken so am now using a different device. I downloaded the app again and tried to log in but it said that I already had an account set up in that name. I have gone o...
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes