Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stopping while on Bluetooth headphones (Android)

Spotify stopping while on Bluetooth headphones (Android)

Plan

Premium

Device

Samsung Galaxy S10

Operating System

Android 12

Spotify version:

My Question or Issue

Since the last 2 weeks (seems to coincide with newest version release), my Spotify keeps pausing the songs for no reason, sometimes resuming after a few seconds, and sometimes just stopping them. I only noticed this on Bluetooth (BT) headphones, because I haven't used wired headphones nor listened on phone speakers for a longer period of time, so cannot ensure this is BT-specific.

Initially I though it could be Bluetooth issue, but other apps don't seem to have this issue (though I didn't run them for so long as Spotify). Also should not be the headphones, as this happens in 2 different BT headphones.

Besides, when these breaks start, often Spotify will no longer appear on my "lock screen" menu, as if Spotify would not be open, even though the music keeps playing. Also happens that the "Now Playing" bar at the bottom of the app disappears, so even if music is playing, I cannot access the "Now playing" menu to pause or restart it, and need to force close the app and restart it.

I have tried:

1) clear cache, logout and login.

2) clear cache and downloads, logout, uninstall, shutdown phone, wait 10 minutes to restart it, reinstall Spofity and login again.

Neither worked, and still I need often to force close the app and restart it. 

3 Replies

What helped for me;

• Clear Cache
  • Give permission to find devices nearby in your phones settings

I was constantly getting popups on start to enable bluetooth permissions. Pressed ok, but nothing happened. Apparently that part is broke.

Thanks, but I think this is then related to Android 12 compatibility issues. Only after I posted did that topic popup, and some of the issues I am having are also reported there, so I think it's not actually just a Bluetooth issue, but Spotify not being stable to use on Android 12.

I am having these issues too, on Bluetooth speakers and in the car (Bluetooth connection). It happened occasionally over the last month or two, but has really ramped up in the last couple weeks. I'm running version 8.7.22.1125 on Android 12 on a Pixel 4a.

Suggested posts