Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stops in the middle of a song.

Spotify stops in the middle of a song.

Hello App,

Spotify was working fine before the most recent updates. I have a Samsung galaxy s6 phone. Now it stops in the middle of a song. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall. I've tried to uninstall some other apps. Ialso tried to take out gapless but nothing seems to work. What is going on?
14 Replies

Hi @midnightstarr!

Welcome to the Spotify Community.

Let's try this out: go to your phone's Settings > Battery > tap the three-dot icon at the top Battery optimization > tap the drop-down arrow > All apps > Spotify > Don't optimize.

I suggest you try a clean reinstall and see if it helps. This usually fixes most problems.

Note: This will remove any saved offline tracks and cache.

Let us know how it goes with this.

Hello,

Your suggestion didn't help because Android updated the whole Samsung Galaxy s6 phones. When I click on the battery icon, I click on Customize and I get the estimated battery life. What else do I have to do to get Spotify to work without stopping? It's not the only app that has this problem too.

Here are what Battery Optimize looks like after updates
Screenshot_20170524-001422.png
Screenshot_20170524-001407.png

When you touch the battery icon, you will see the list of running apps. Scroll up and touch "unmonitored apps" at the bottom then then "add" and you can add spotify to the list of unmonitored apps.

Hello,

I don't know what you are talking about. Every time I click on the battery icon I get what is in the photo below. I don't know how to get to apps on power saving mode.
Screenshot_20170524-070554.png

Your first screenshot shows the screen for setting Medium power management options. Underneath it you can see a list of apps which haven't yet been included in android "doze". You can scroll that list of apps by dragging them up and you'll see "Unmonitored Apps" at the bottom. Touch that and a new screen listing all unmonitored apps will open. At the bottom you'll see "+ add apps" and touching that will enable you to add Spotify to the unmonitored apps.

If you still can't work this out, I'll post screen captures of the entire process.

Hello,

I can't get back to that screen for some reason. When I click on the icon I get the optimization. How do I get back to that screen? Also, I looked at that screen in question, and I don't see anything. First, I do need to know how get back to that first screen and then the apps part. Plus, Spotify is not the only app on Android where I play audio or video and stops in the middle after the most recent updates.

Hello,

I still need assistance. I found put where Spotify is in the Battery Optimize. I did try to make it an exception. But it still stops in the middle of the song. What am I doing wrong?

I have the same problem on my Samsung S6 edge , stop movies, music after ca 30 sek. I have done all things you done

Hei, I've got the same problem on my Huawei ascend mate 7, Spotify stops in the middle of the song, or as soon as I am surfing on the internet with Facebook, Instagram and stuff like that. I changed the battery settings like he was saying, but the app is still shutting down. Help please

I think that we should complain to Samsung and not to Spotify about this issue.

SOLVED THANKS!

I take it back, the problem still continues and sickens me, need an urgent help,

I did all the suggestions with no help on S8 plus!

none of above solved my problem, need an urgent help!

Suggested posts