Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stops playing randomly

Spotify stops playing randomly

I have a Samsung Note 9 with the latest update of Spotify and I'm using some Powerbeats 3 connected wirelessly through my phone.

The issue is that as I'm listening to my music, spotify will just stop playing through my headphones, however when I check my phone, it looks as if it's still playing. When I open spotify, the play/pause button is activated as if it's playing but the song timer does not move, so it looks as if it just froze.

The screenshot I've attached is what I see when my headphones stop outputting, and when I try to hit the pause button it doesn't respond.

I'm wondering if the community has heard of anything like this, or if it is just my headphones causing problems. I appreciate any tips or insight, thanks!

Screenshot_20190408-093817_Samsung Experience Home.jpg
6 Replies

Hey @yetibear21! Welcome to the Spotify Community. ^^

Please be aware that this issue is already under investigation.

Be sure to check this ongoing issues thread out to stay updated on this. Make sure to add your +VOTE. ^^

Peace

Yes, I have this same problem aswell on a galaxy s9+. I pay for a premium family subscription and my music still stops. When purchasing the premium plan, we are guaranteed ad free non stop music. And for mine, it happens even when I'm on my phone with spotify on in the back ground aswell as when my screen locks. It's totally random when the music stops, sometimes it 2 seconds other times its 30 minutes. When it stops playing, I try to push play again but only skip buttons respond. I have to totally restart the app to continue to listen to music

Any suggestions?

August 2019. Samsun Note 9 (updated today). Spotify stops randomly. Fixed by pressing power (on) button every time it happens. Random lengths in between. Family account. Extremely annoying! Advice much appreciated please. 

Thanks.

Ive suffered from this for year unfortunately, had it on my note 4, now on my note 9 spotify had been flawless for 10 months and now its started randomly happening again, almost every song it will pause 4 or 5 times for 3 to 10 secs, but when viewing the phone it still states that its playing. it's been 4 years now, gonna try uninstalling and reinstalling.that usually fixes it for a month or two.

I have the same problem, do not see the similarities to the problem you link nico, and also, it is NOT fixed.

Hey folks, 

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

Just to confirm, have you tried a clean reinstall instead of the regular reinstall? We recommend the clean reinstall as it'll remove the old drivers first and then install the new ones. It'll also get you the latest version of Spotify. This step usually tends to solve issues like the one you're experiencing.

It's also a good idea to test if the same appears when you log in to another account on the same device. This way you can check if the issue is account-related. Then we can take a closer look at this. 

Hope this helps. Keep us posted. 

Suggested posts