Premium

Country

Portugal

Device

OnePlus3

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Since one of the last updates on Spotify app for Android, when it connects to car Bluetooth, it plays the current song, when that is done, it stops playing without moving to the next song. Solution is to select your playlist and manually choose a song and then it keeps playing.

I'm using an offline playlist and I have mobile data enabled. No data saving is being used.

This was working fine 2 weeks ago

4 Replies

This is happening to me as well, on both car bluetooth and a bluetooth speaker. It seems like Spotify thinks it's still playing music even though it's not. I notice on my watch it shows the media player still active after it's stopped playing. Likewise, when I open the app several hours after it has stopped playback, it shows the playlist I was listening to as still being actively listened to.

This is using a Pixel 7 with the most up-to-date version of Android in the US with a family plan.

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting in the Community and welcome.

In this case, we'd like to gather some further info. Would you mind sharing with us the exact Spotify version you are currently running on your affected devices?

On another note, just to confirm, @ciberboy, did you notice if this is happening when connecting your mobile device to another Bluetooth device? It'd be awesome if you could check. Is this happening when trying to listen to a playlist which is not downloaded in app?

@Omegamuerte. is this happening over WiFi? 3G/4G? Both? Do you notice any difference if you switch the internet connection you're using? Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Lastly, we'd recommend to reinstall the app in the affected devices to see if you notice any difference. By doing that the app can be up-to-date and you can make sure the cache is not leading to this inconvenience. You can see the steps for a clean reinstall here.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi @AlejaR

Thanks so much for getting back to me! This has happened for on both WiFi and 5G. I have a VPN enabled, however Spotify is in the excluded list for going through the VPN tunnel. I am using app version 8.7.92.521.

I've just uninstalled and reinstalled. I'll report back if that works. Thanks!

I had the same issue as OP and uninstalling the app and reinstalling it has seemed to fix it.

I am also on a pixel7 pro with android 14 and the latest update of Spotify.

Suggested posts