Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify - streaming to chromecast - opening app, disconnects chromecast connection

Spotify - streaming to chromecast - opening app, disconnects chromecast connection

Premium, NL, OnePlus 3t, fully updated.

Guys,

I don't know, whats going on over there, but this app is getting worse every week. Let me give you a quick summary of problems I'm encountering and the latest.

-an useless shuffle mode, in playlist over 100 songs (I know, tickets are open for years about this).

-the once in a while, not able to search a song (being offline), while fully connected to the internet via wifi or 4g

- Sometimes, while playing/selecting a song from a playlist, I plays, but it doesn't pop up the "now playing" bar

- Lately, often music stops randomly and out of nowhere. There is no drop in internet, but every 3, 6 or 9 songs, the app stops playing. I still have the spotify icon in my phones top bar. When opening the app, the "now playing" bar is gone. Does it hang?

- The app, forgets most of the time where I was in a playlist, when it hangs it self (related to the one above). So I manually, have to scroll hundreds of songs..

-Apple desktop app, is not able to start streaming to e.g. chromecast / sonos. I have to start with my mobile.

-When streaming via Chromecast, it always hangs/stops playing after a while, this can be 5 minutes in, or 2 hours. But you can bet on it, that it will. Interestingly, the devices are gone under. " devices available". App restart solves this. 

Common.. I pay enough for a service that gets better over time, not worse every release. And yes, I have uninstalled, restarted phone, app, galaxy, cleared all cache. I experience the same buggy behavior with my Nexus 5 or Shield K1 tablet.

The new one, I'm streaming via my phone to my chromecast (fully updated), when I exit the app, the phone continues to stream / play music. When I reopen the app, to e.g. choose the next song, it automatically disconnects 9 out 10 times from the chromecast and continues playing on the phone speaker.. Why, for goodness sake, would it do this? If I want to disconnect, I know where to find the button..

Please, please, please, please, once more, please. Get your act together. Are you waiting for a new party to take over, handing over the keys of the castle?

2 Replies

everybody AGAIN out of office? what's going guys!? This is problem 1.000.001 and again no reply?!

Hey @Arigoud.

Thanks for getting in touch!

We are aware of some issues that are currently occurring with the Spotify app. Take a look at the Ongoing Issues section and feel free to contribute. Here we gather information from affected users and keep everybody up-to-date. We'll get this sorted as soon as possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Let us know if you have further questions.

Have a nice day.

Suggested posts