Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stuck on Login

Solved!

Spotify stuck on Login

Hi, 

I've never posted before so I'm sorry if I'm doing something wrong. 

I've looked on the forum but can't seem to find a solution to my problem.

I recently got an Asus tablet (fonepad 7) - KitKat. I installed Spotify but after I try to login through Facebook (Facebook works fine) the app just gets stuck on the login page, the one with "Logging in, please wait..." and the green moving circle. I tried waiting up to an hour and a half, it's still stuck. I tried deleting the app, reinstalling it, deleting the folder, etc. I tried earlier versions of the app, still same results. I also upgraded to Lollipop and tried Spotify again, no change.

I've got no idea what could be causing this, because the app works perfectly on my phone. What's different with this tablet?

Thanks for any help!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

If that's a new tablet, then you will need to get your login ID and login WITHOUT facebook, and then connect it to facebook on that device. Facebook login doesn't work if you haven't logged in before without it.
Keep the party going! Please accept solutions if they helped with your question! I am not an official spotify representative, just another user trying to help out. 🙂

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Have you logged into spotify with facebook before? if not, you should go in without facebook and connect to facebook under settings and it shouldn't have a problem.
Keep the party going! Please accept solutions if they helped with your question! I am not an official spotify representative, just another user trying to help out. 🙂

If that doesn't work, I'll keep an eye out for similar issues from other people... it might be a bug with the latest version.

I always use facebook to log in (pc, phone, older tablet), I wouldn't even know how to do it without Facebook? I don't think I have another username or anything..

Marked as solution

If that's a new tablet, then you will need to get your login ID and login WITHOUT facebook, and then connect it to facebook on that device. Facebook login doesn't work if you haven't logged in before without it.

I'll try with my ID, but what would the password be? The same as the facebook login one? 

I tried logging in with my ID number but I have no password, so I tried various ones.. then I tried recovering it with the 'Forgotten your password' thing but it only says I'm using my Facebook credentials, so I have to log in with Facebook.

Can anyone else help me? I still can't use the app.

I would go on the computer, and disconnect from facebook. That will make your credentials not linked to facebook. Then go to forgot password, and reset it -- after you do that, log in on the phone, and then you can connect it to facebook without issues (hopefully). Hope it works!

Thanks for helping!! I can try this, but will that affect my data like playlists etc?

Ok I managed to set a password  ('set device password' section of the website), now I have a non-facebook username and password, tried logging in with those details, still doesn't work!

I tried those same details on my phone app, and it works perfectly there. So I guess it's got something to do with my new tablet?!

I htink this is a widespread problem that Spotify can't fix right now. I purchased premium months ago as my main mobile music resource. Apart from once I have never been able to access Spotify on my Android or Kindle Fire HD either via normal login on or via Facebook. I get the same problem on both  devices... i.e the "Logging in, please wait"

After many support requests and emails to Spotify, lots od delete cache / data, reset passwords I was told to wait for the next update ... still waiting.

Ironically it works on my Laptop but it took Spotify people to reset all my account details, I lost playlists and favourites. Basically they started me from scratch in the hope that would solve the devise problem. it hasn't... susbsequently my complaint went on for about 2 months and so they agreed to credit my account back (as I hardly used it).

I really wanted Spotify on my mobile but alas it is not to be so when my subs expire I will nullify my account as it just will not work.

Upon checking other forums Q&As,, lots of people have this problem. The App is still "beta" in my opinion and Spotify should be honest and say before hand that there are problems on various devises. I wasted to much time on their App and you are never truly compensated for that... so frustrating. I am now going to try Google's or maybe even Apple's version.
Disappointed. : - (

Suggested posts