Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify stuck on spinner in Android Auto

Spotify stuck on spinner in Android Auto

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

OnePlus 6T

Operating System

Android 9 Pie

My Question or Issue

I've been experiencing a rather annoying issue where anytime I open Spotify in Android Auto it just shows the loading spinner and never actually fully loads Spotify. The sidebar opens and also shows a spinner with no menu items. Interestingly, when I open Spotify, it's just a blank grey screen and is unresponsive until I clear cache and app data and re-sign in to Spotify. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the client too. I suspect whatever is wrong with Spotify is also screwing with Android Auto. And yes, my Android auto app and head unit are both up to date.

3 Replies

[deleted post]

Same here, since Android 9 on my Xiaomi Mi8, spotify sometimes hangs in the loading circle on car screen, just black screen on the phone, whole phone is unresponsive for some time, then home button works again, restarting spotify won't bring any effect. Haven't tried clear cache etc.

Have the feeling it has something to do with, when I use spotify over my AV Receiver or Bluetooth headphones, then connect back to the car again.

So everything lines up except connecting over an AC receiver/bluetooth headphones (I don't do either of those things on my phone). It is however connected via bluetooth to my car, but it's always been like that and this problem has only surfaced in the last month or so.

Suggested posts