Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify suddenly doesn't work on my android

Spotify suddenly doesn't work on my android

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me... Today suddenly spotify began to exploit when I opened it on my mobile phone (a Nexus S). I tried forcing the app to stop, and then I turned off my phone, but when I turned it on again, the spotify problem was still there. Any tip? Thank you! Luciana

13 Replies

Hi, and welcome to the community!

Have you tried reinstalling Spotify? Once uninstalled; make sure all the Spotify files have gone.

Anthony 🙂

This post was by Taylor - I do not work for Spotify!
If this solved your issue - Mark it as a solution! If you like my post - Please add Kudos!
||  Spotify Profile - Taylor   |  Feel free to PM me - Here  ||

I have the exact same problem and am a paying customer.

I have already tried the above suggestions numerous times, and one of two things happen after launching spotify:

I have a completely white screen and the app eventually freezes

Or

I get the login option after 30+ seconds, login using my FB credentials then the app hangs in on the active logging in screen

Please help!

1234227421 - doesn't sounds like the exact same problem to me. Does your device have an SD card slot and if so do you have a card in there? If there is a slot but no card then the app is known to do this
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

Hi 🙂

I do also have a problem with sportify on my samsung galaxy 3s android. Suddently sportify wanted me to login again. I tried to log in via facebook like I use to, but I couldn´t. It wanted me to bring out my sportify username and code. I tried to use the same username and code as when I am logging on facebook. But that wasen´t good enough and I can´t use my sportify on my phone anymore 😞

I have tried to reinstalled sportify and facebook.

If anyone can help, I will be very happy 🙂

Login the first time and then when the second login screen comes up try selecting "I'm new to Spotify" instead of trying to log in again - as long as the first login was correct this should let you through
----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

having the same problems as of thurs 4/25/13. tried removing app and re-installing but still get white screen and app won't work. keep getting app has stopped unexpectedly message over and over. I can't seem to find any spotify files on my phone or sd card to delete. File search comes up empty for anything with the word spotify in the file. Does anyone know the correct file names for spotify so I can find and delete them and try to re-install app?

@itnamad wrote:

having the same problems as of thurs 4/25/13. tried removing app and re-installing but still get white screen and app won't work. keep getting app has stopped unexpectedly message over and over. I can't seem to find any spotify files on my phone or sd card to delete. File search comes up empty for anything with the word spotify in the file. Does anyone know the correct file names for spotify so I can find and delete them and try to re-install app?

The files you need to delete are outlined in the android troubleshooting guide 😉 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

don't have any files that resemble anything to do with spotify that I can find

Same to me on my Xperia Play with original fw, white window, tried to reinstall and all that stuff but nothing worked. 

Is anyone from Spotify support going to answer this thread?  I haven't been able to use Spotify on my Android HTC OneX+ in two weeks now, and I am a premium customer...

This solution doesn't work and I've tried it about 10 x. Please provide an alternative or I need to cancel my premium account.

thanks a lot 🙂 It works... have a nice weekend. 

I had a similar problem, where Spotify wouldn't play any sound although it said it was playing something.

The solution to this ( probably to most malfunctioning apps ) is to simply clean the cache and other data.

Unfortunatly this also seems to delete the linking of all downloaded files ( physically they are there, but Spotify

doesn't show them as downloaded anymore ), which you then have to redownload!

To do so, open your 'recently opened apps' tab and long press on Spotify. There go to 'App-Info' and click

'Force Stop'. After that click 'Delete Data'.

Restarting the app will require you to login again, after that the trick schould be done!

Suggested posts