Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify taking over my playlist and limiting options

Solved!

Spotify taking over my playlist and limiting options

Hi! 

Recently Spotify has been adding their name to some of my playlists, and limiting my options. I can't sort them or search in the lists.

What is happening, and how do I get my playlists back? 

Screenshot_20230105_124450_Spotify.jpg

Screenshot_20230105_124450_Spotify.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @IdaHao,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community. 

Let us explain a bit more of what's happening here. It sounds like you're experiencing the Enhance feature for playlists. This feature comes to help those listeners who need some assistance while adding tracks to a new or existing playlist. You can read more on how it works in our article here.

The Enhance feature is optional in all playlists and it should be able to be turned off. If you currently have the Smart Shuffle option, you can turn the Enhance option off by hitting the Shuffle button twice on the now playing view.

If you don't have Smart Shuffle, you can look for the enhance button on top of the playlist and hit it to turn it off. Make sure the option remains grayed out after you hit it. 

If after this process, the option is turning on by itself, it could be related to some damaged cache stored on your device. In that case, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app by following the steps in this article. This'll make sure you have the latest version of the app and that any outdated files are removed.

Hope this clear things up,

Cheers! 

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @IdaHao,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community. 

Let us explain a bit more of what's happening here. It sounds like you're experiencing the Enhance feature for playlists. This feature comes to help those listeners who need some assistance while adding tracks to a new or existing playlist. You can read more on how it works in our article here.

The Enhance feature is optional in all playlists and it should be able to be turned off. If you currently have the Smart Shuffle option, you can turn the Enhance option off by hitting the Shuffle button twice on the now playing view.

If you don't have Smart Shuffle, you can look for the enhance button on top of the playlist and hit it to turn it off. Make sure the option remains grayed out after you hit it. 

If after this process, the option is turning on by itself, it could be related to some damaged cache stored on your device. In that case, we'd recommend performing a clean reinstall of the app by following the steps in this article. This'll make sure you have the latest version of the app and that any outdated files are removed.

Hope this clear things up,

Cheers! 

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Thank you. It was the Enchance that was on. I do not have a seperate Enchance-button, though, but I found it to be a part of the shuffle (in the shuffle button) on my device. 

So all is good now. Thanks.

Suggested posts