Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify using 1.8 gb of internal memory on Android marshmalloe

Spotify using 1.8 gb of internal memory on Android marshmalloe

WTF??? My SD Card has all the Spotify Files on it, but a uninstall and reinstall of Spotify shows the App using 1.8 gb of internal memory. Can somebody explain this? I have read other threads but still am puzzled as to why this is happening. Thanks in advance.
7 Replies

As long as the SD card had more free space than the phone memory it will set this location as the cache for offline files.

Thanks. I get that, and my SD card has way more space than my phone, so what is using up a that space in my phone memory?

Thanks. I get that, and my SD card has way more space than my phone, so what is using up a that space in my phone memory?

Settings > Storage and USB > Internal Storage > Spotify > Total - 1.80 gb
App - 71.67 mb
Data - 1.73 gb
Cache - 12.00 kb

SD Card
1.68 gb of 59.62gb

Posting this since i found out a fix. I undrrstand this isnt an issue for yourself a year later.  I deleted and reinstalled the app before doing this.

Un-download your offline songs. Download a small playlist. Set your storage from settings to the phones internal storage. Set the storage back to sd card. Issue is resolved!

For some reason mine does not do that. I have 18 gb on sd card but songs are still sent to internal storage

Suggested posts