Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify very slow.

Spotify very slow.

Lately the Spotify application runs very slow either to load my library or a playlist, honestly it is becoming somewhat annoying the long and constant waiting times, and apply some adjustments I read in the community. My Smartphone is a Samsung Galaxy A50. I have compared the loading times of YouTube Music and Spotify, YouTube is faster. If this is not resolved, I will cancel my plan.

Plan

Premium

Country

Mexico

Device

SamsungGalaxy A50

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

9 Replies

Hi @luistoxqui75

Could you perform clean reinstall of your Spotify app? 

I'd also recommend removing all your offline devices here.

Note that you'll have to redownload your music for offline listening, but this might resolve the issue with the app being slow.

Still going very slow. Previously I had a Moto G4 smartphone and I was the same, but I thought it was a problem with the phone and when I changed my phone I realized that it is the application. Anyway thank you very much.

Hey @luistoxqui75,

Thanks for following @Emilia_8's suggestion!

Please make sure nothing is restricting the usage of Spotify. You can do so by following these steps: 

• Mobile Settings> Apps> Spotify> Permissions. Allow everything you see there.
  • Mobile settings> Apps> Spotify> Battery> Optimize battery usage> select top All (not optimized for apps)> Spotify> disable. 
  • Last step - restart the phone.

Let us know if this helps - we're here for you!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I can already say for this person that this does NOT work. Nothing fixes this issue. Trust me I've done all of these steps with absolutely zero change in the app's performance. This is a problem with spotify itself that was introduced back in June. Please stop telling people to do this when it does nothing, and maybe send this information the way of somebody that can actually help.

@Spotify Stop spreading misinformation if you are not willing to replicate the issue. Moderators like you only help to burry the real issues. If you bothered to look online, many others have this issue and your suggestion has never helped anyone. You've done the exact opposite of help. This app has performance issues. And Spotify moderators telling users to waste time reinstalling or recreating their accounts is plain irresponsible. Also, battery optimization is to prevent the app from beimg closed in the background. Not at all what anyone is complaining about. 

Dude, im having the same issues! I've tried everything i could find. Heck, I even bought a new phone.

Ive been using spotify for more than 6 years, and im at a loss. I absolutely love this app, but its useless now.

This is truly heartbreaking.

Hey everyone,

Thanks for reaching out to us. We're sorry to hear you feel this way and we'd love to help you out.

We tried, but couldn't recreate this issue from our end. That''s why we'd like to add a few more troubleshooting steps to the ones you've tried so far.

Can you try with a different account? That way we can check if it's an account-related issue. It's also a good idea to try with another network. If Firewall is enabled, you can disabled it.

Hope this helps. If you have questions, you know where to find us.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the same issue and I am considering to move to YouTube Music.

Hey there @11122980968

Thanks for getting in touch about this here in the Community. 

Could you let us know which troubleshooting steps you've already tried? That way we can avoid any repeating steps. 

On another note, we'd like to know if this happens across devices or only on a specific one.

Lastly, could you try with a different internet connection to check if that makes the difference?

Keep us posted.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts