Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't play on tablet anymore

Solved!

Spotify won't play on tablet anymore

Plan

Premium

Country Belgium

Device

Tablet Asus Zenpad 8.0

Operating System

Android 7.0

My Question or Issue

Hi
I never had problems with Spotify. I play it on several devices and stream it to chromecast or via bluetooth to speakers.

But suddenly Spotify won’t play anymore on my tablet. I can start the song, but it doesn’t move forward. Also, playing Spotify from my tablet via bluetooth to my JBL speakers won’t work, but strangely I can stream music from my tablet to chromecast.

I tried everything, but don’t manage to solve the problem. Hopefully their is a solution?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Tynana,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

We're happy yo hear that the issue go resolved for you as well. Let us know if there's anything else we can help out with.

Cheers!

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

26 Replies

Hey @Tynana,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Let us know if this issue persists once you've performed a clean reinstall on the affected device. We recommend the steps in that guide, as they’re very thorough and make sure no damaged leftover files remain. These changes tend to solve issues like the one you're experiencing. Give your device a quick restart as well before you open the newly installed app.  

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on your progress.

Mihail Moderator

Hi @Mihail,

Thank you for your response! Unfortunately the clean reinstall didn't help. I hope there is another solution?

Thank you!

Kind regards, T.

Hey @Tynana,

You're able to use your account on other devices, right? That would indicate that the root cause of the problem lies with the Zenpad itself. Did this start happening after a specific event, such as an update or installing an app? The more context you're able to provide, the quicker we'll get to the bottom of this. A recording of what you see at your end would be particularly helpful.

In any case, it's a good idea to try disabling any power saving or data cleaning settings on your mobile device. Make sure you try this since such features can often prevent the app from operating at full capacity. In addition, you can try authorizing Spotify to run without restrictions and with all permission enabled.

Keep us posted. We'd love to investigate this further.

Mihail Moderator

Hi @Mihail,

Thank you for your reply!

Yes, I’m able to use Spotify on other devices and I can use my tablet to ‘control’ Spotify on my other devices as well.
It started suddenly, not after an update or new installation.

I disabled the things you mentionned and Spotify has no restrictions. Also restarted my tablet, but unfortunately the problem is still there. I can start a song, but it doesn’t move forward and there is also no sound.

I’m sorry I can’t provide you more information!
Regarding the recording, what would you like to see?

Thank you again for your help!
Kind regards, Tynana

Hey @Tynana,

Just to confirm, other apps do play sound with no issues on the tablet, correct? Could you check if there are any updates for the Zenpad, it's possible that some some of the drivers need to be updated. 

As for the recording - if you could make one of you starting a song on the tablet and then switching playback via Connect to another device, that would be really helpful.

Keep us posted. We'll keep an eye out for your reply. 

Mihail Moderator

I am having the same problem with my Asus Zenpad. I have also tried above fixes with no luck.
Thank you,
Jim

Hey @mrijab

Thanks for posting on the Community about this. 

If the steps you've tried so far couldn't help, would you mind uploading a short video recording showing the issue just like @Mihail suggested? This will help us take a closer look.

You can attach the video to your next response to us by using the Insert Video option in the post editor. 

Keep us in the loop here. 

Hi @Mihail and @Ivan

I couldn't find any updates for the Zenpad.
And yes, their isn't a problem when I use other apps on my tablet to play sound.

You can find a recording below. I started a song on my tablet (you see the seconds are not changing and no sound), then I selected to play the song on my laptop and that worked. I hope this helps.

Thank you! Tynana
Ps @mrijab I hope there will be a solution for you as well.

video link

https://youtu.be/gW4Wf9GqKJE

Hey @Tynana,

Thanks for getting back to us with the video.

The troubleshooting done so far continues to point to a device-rooted problem. To that end, could you perform a factory reset of your tablet? We understand how this might cause some inconvenience, but it will reset the whole firmware to it's original settings and remove any possible damaged files. Let us know if the issue persists afterwards.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Mihail Moderator

Hi @Mihail

Thank you for your reply.
I'll try to do a reset this weekend and I'll get back to you afterwards.

Kind regards, Tynana

Hello all,
 I am having the same problem as uploaded video. The app won't work but I can still use the Spotify web player on my Asus tablet.  As of now, I will hold off on doing a factory reset.
Thank you to all 
Jim

##- Please type your reply above this line -#

Hey there @mrijab,

Thank you for your post here in the Community.

Can you confirm if you followed the other troubleshooting steps that @Mihail provided in this thread?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hello Jeremy,
Yes I tried all the fixes suggested except factory reset.
Jim

Hi @mrijab

Thanks for this info.

Would you mind asking a friend or a family member to log into their personal account using your tablet to see if they can replicate this? 

Also, could you let us know if the same thing happens with a different device?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply. 

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Hi @Novy

Before I do a factory reset (feel a bit reluctant to do this), I did what you suggested to mrijab and the problem is still there.

I don't have the problem with other devices (phone, laptop).

Thank you for your help!
Kind regards, Tineke

Hey again @Tynana,

Thank you for your reply and for the troubleshooting steps you've taken so far.

Can you try to log in with another account - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persist?

If the issue still persists we recommend that you do a factory reset.

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Hello all,
Tineke hold off on the factory reset, it didn't work for me.
Well, I reluctantly did a factory reset and the Spotify app still doesn't play a song.
Spotify app works fine on my phone and pc. Since this started I've been using the Spotify web player on my ASUS tablet. I did find that I can control the web player with the Spotify app but it won't play a song on its own.
I will try to post a video sometime this weekend.
Jim

That was after a factory reset.

Suggested posts