Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Spotify won't scrobbe to Last.fm. Any ideas?

Solved!

Spotify won't scrobbe to Last.fm. Any ideas?

• I have tried re entering my last.fm details.
  • I have switched to offline mode and back.
  • I have restarted my device.
  • I have cleared cache.
  • I have re installed spotify.
  • I have switched networks.

All that in vain. I can see that I'm scrobbling but am unable to "finish" a scrobble. What I mean by finish is that the track name of currently scrobbling song changes but last track won't be scrobbled.

Device: Oneplus 5T

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey,

Last.fm created a new way of scrobbling from spotify. Using this new way of scrobbling fixed the issue for me. If you are already using this new scrobbling method and are experiencing problems, try to reconnect your Last.fm to spotify.

- Connect spotify to Last.fm: here.

- Thread about this on Last.fm support page: here.
- Spotify's info on Last.fm: here.

View solution in original post

29 Replies

I have the same problem 

(Cannot delete so I am editing - my reply was not related to the topic) 

Same here, I just came home and realized that all the music that I've listened to today hasn't been scrobbled. I've also tried everything Op has tried.. Still doesn't work. I can see the song that I'm listening to as now playing but when the song is finished instead of getting scrobbled it just dissapeares..

Listening on the pc works, but not on my mobile since today after the update..

Same issue with me 😕

Same issue here since the last update

Device: Samsung Galaxy A3 2016

Same here since friday. On the PC everything works fine, but on the app nearly all songs disappear...

Marked as solution

Hey,

Last.fm created a new way of scrobbling from spotify. Using this new way of scrobbling fixed the issue for me. If you are already using this new scrobbling method and are experiencing problems, try to reconnect your Last.fm to spotify.

- Connect spotify to Last.fm: here.

- Thread about this on Last.fm support page: here.
- Spotify's info on Last.fm: here.

Thanks, I've re-accepted spotify with my account. We will see if it works.

Their forum seems to be down though..

Update: It seems that the poster above me wrote helped fix this. Accepting Spotify under my profile settings on Last fm worked like a charm 🙂 Thank you kind sir!

@otttovillem wrote:

Apparently last.fm created a new way of scrobbling from spotify. Looks like Spotify broke/no longer supports native scrobbling. Using this new way of scrobbling fixed the issue for me.

UPDATE: 
If you are already using this new scrobbling method and are experiencing problems just reconnect your last.fm to spotify.

Connect spotify to last.fm: https://www.last.fm/settings/applications

Thread about this on last.fm support page: https://getsatisfaction.com/lastfm/topics/spotify-scrobbling-beta

Well if Spotify no longer supports native scrabbling, then it should eliminate that scrobbling setting within the app

I'm thinking maybe it's possibly broken at the moment. Either way, would be nice to see an official announcement from them sooner or later on what's going on with that.

At the very least though, at least there's an option within Last.fm to take over the scrobbling duties.

I've seen it there for a while, just never used it because the Spotify app scrobbler was doing a fine job.

I do not work at spotify. That's why I speculated that they broke it and may be phasing that feature out.

worked for me. **bleep** annoying all the same.

Worked like a treat. Thank you kind sir, this was driving me crazy.

Figured this out myself and it drove me crazy; wish I'd seen this page earlier. Very irresponsible of LFM to not announce this; a tonne of users must have lost scrobbles. Gotta take care of the users they have left. 

This doesn't work for me. I never had problems with scrobbling until I upgraded to Spotify Premium. Right after that I can't scrobble neither from android nor windows. Reconnecting, logging out and in works for first one or two tracks, then it's broken again. I can scrobble from AIMP and web scrobbler without a problem and the issue started RIGHT after I started my Premium and changed password.

I can confirm this has been returning. The strange thing with it is how randomly it started to stop working.

I was listening to some music in the morning.. no problem.

And then I was listening when I came home in the afternoon.. no prob. But then, after maybe 6 songs or so it just stopped scrobbling. Havn't touched any options. And it's the same as before, the song that I'm listening to right now shows as 'now listening', but hten it's finishes it just dissapeares and never get scrobbled.. Have to do every song manually now.. And I've looked in the options and under applications spotify is still there with my account so don't know how to fix this.. any ideas?

I have some crude workaround. I use web player and web scrobbler plugin on my PC, and since my PC is running whole day, I leave web player on when I go out. Web scrobbler catches notifications about songs played on other devices from spotify web player. This way it scrobbles also songs played on my phone. Since web scrobbler uses generic method, not buggy spotify one, all scrobbles are recorded.

That seems like a hussle, lol.

But today it started working again.. Not sure what is going on..

Dammit. I just noticed Last.fm hasn't been scrobbling my Spotify since May 27. Annoying, especially since i had already connected Spotify via Last.fm (like the solution) like a month ago when it came out. Disconnecting it and reconnecting it seems to have worked though. For now.

Suggested posts