Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Starts playing a sleep playlist betwen 20:30 and 21:00 each night.

Solved!

Starts playing a sleep playlist betwen 20:30 and 21:00 each night.

Premium

Norway

Device

Samsung S20 ultra 5g

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

Every night around 20:30 and 21:00 i get like a wakeup alarm setting off a playlist called sleep from spotify. I have no active wakeup timer after 8am on the phone that I can find. So it seems to be a new feature that I badly wan't to disable.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I have a Samsung s20 ultra and had the same issue and it was driving me mad. Turns out, if you go to settings and search for "bixby routines", then select "my routines" at the bottom of the page, it will take you to anothet page with a few routine options. The spotify sleep playlist was coming on at night because of a rule set in the "before bed" routine - just slide the slider to turn it off... finally I can go to sleep in peace!!! Hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

18 Replies

Hey hey @Scrier!

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community!

We'd recommend following the steps here to perform a clean reinstall of the app that should help if you have any cached info that might be causing this.

It's also a good idea to follow the step here to log out everywhere. 

Last but not least, you could log in on your Account page and go to ''Apps'' in the menu on the left side. There you can check if there are any third party apps listed that you don't recognize and make sure to "Remove Access" for those.

Keep us posted on how it goes!

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!
Marked as solution

I have a Samsung s20 ultra and had the same issue and it was driving me mad. Turns out, if you go to settings and search for "bixby routines", then select "my routines" at the bottom of the page, it will take you to anothet page with a few routine options. The spotify sleep playlist was coming on at night because of a rule set in the "before bed" routine - just slide the slider to turn it off... finally I can go to sleep in peace!!! Hope this helps! 

Found and diaabled now Will give update tomorrow. Nothing of the other things worked fyi. 

You're a lifesaver. 

I've deleted my Spotify account of 15 years to stop this and still unable to with a new account.

Thank you

**bleep**. Thank you. You saved my life. I was so disappointed for more then a month...

Thank you 😀 finally...this was really annoying.

Have the same phone. This solved it. Thanks!

Thanks, it was driving me crazy already !!!

Thank you!! Spotify should pay you since they were zero help.

Finally, a resolution to this problem and was SAMSUNG all along with their BIXBY Artificial intelligence software thinking that we wanted music when we didn't! shame on you BIXBY! Shame on you Samsung! For that Samsung, my next phone will be with someone else. This will be my last Samsung phone! Although I love my S20 I think it is time to let someone else to have a chance to compete. But not Apple! I am not that extreme lol. 

Genius, this has been driving me nuts for months! Thanks

I have Samsung s20 ultra too. It's make me mane. 

I flowed this post and find automation on Bixbay and I removed it. Still append

Hey @OrChu,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out!

Are you using any other apps that may launch Spotify automatically, such as Google Clock? If yes, then try disabling them to see if that does the trick.

Let us know how it goes. Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

**bleep**. Was having this annoying playlist playing to late at night with my phone. Thanks. I removed it already. Lol this was really helpful 😊

**bleep**. This was very helpful. I was starting to get annoyed with the sleep playlist playing at night time. I already checked the spotify app if i have allowed such nuisance. Lol and did not see anything from the settings. Glad i saw this solution. Removed it from my before bedtime routine already. Thank you. This was very helpful 😊

THANK YOU THANK THANK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU!!!!!!!!! I've been dealing with this for 2 years!!!!!

Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you!   Same exact issue same phone.  Odd thing is, it just started doing this recently and I don't and have never used bixby.  This fixed it though.   🙂

Hey, having this problem not and nothing to do with bixby. All routines are off and no apps allowed roa any routines 

Suggested posts