Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Static Noise on local files on Android phone

Static Noise on local files on Android phone

Hello, I have a premium plan in the US, a pixel 4A, and the local files are from itunes on a macbook pro 2020. Both are on the same account and wifi.

I have other local files that work perfectly fine on my computer and my phone with no static issues but I recently bought an album that was not available on spotify and imported it the same way I did the last one and while they play perfectly fine on my computer, they are nearly unlistenable on my phone. The songs are staticy and awful. 

I've cleared the cache, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and undownloaded and redownloaded the songs on both my computer and on my phone. It is not the speakers on my phone because everything else works perfectly fine, and it happens when I use headphones as well. It is also not the songs themselves, because they do not do this on my computer. 

The last local file that I downloaded and have in a playlist was downloaded on april 14th of this year and it works perfectly, the new ones were downloaded just a few days ago on the 21st of may. Since then Spotify has gone through a seemingly major update, I have to wonder if that is part of the issue? 

5 Replies

Hey @BlueMilotic,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Good job on checking whether or not a reinstall and clearing the cache would do the trick - it most cases they do. Just to make sure we're on the same page, could you please confirm you used the steps here? They are more thorough and make sure to leftover files from previous installations remain.  

If that's the case and the sound issue persists, can you confirm that the new files are in one of the supported formats listed here? Also, does it make a difference if you toggle the Crossfade option in the Settings menu on/off and changing its length?

Keep us posted. We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello! I went ahead and did a clean uninstall again following the steps just in case, cleared the cache again, and turned crossfade off. The same kind of file has worked perfectly before so logically it should be fine. The files are still staticy and crunchy, and the other itunes file not from that album is perfectly fine. 

I've realized they are m4a files and it may just be a stroke of luck the first one worked, I'm converting them to MP3 files and will report back on if it helps. for anyone wondering how to do that, https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204310 its surprisingly easy in itunes itself. (surprise!)

ok! I think we have reached a solution here !!! Converting to mp3 worked ! Im not sure how the other m4a worked so perfectly without any issues, must just be luck or something. It does take some finagling to get it to import into spotify right, just make sure you have a folder on your computer with the files in it with an easy to search name, add it as a local file source, and turn off the others temporarily. I'll be fixing the other song just in case.

Hey @BlueMilotic

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. 

We’re happy to hear that converting to mp3 fixed this for you. 

If you have any questions we're always one post away. 

Еnjoy your music! 

Suggested posts