Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Stop Playback After Current Track when screen goes off..

Solved!

Stop Playback After Current Track when screen goes off..

Hello, I just upgraded to Premium. Im on a Galaxy S5 running 4.4.2. If my screen goes to sleep or off spotify stops playing after the current track finishes. I can't find any setting to change this. Please help.

Thanks in advance.

PS I already tried deleting and reinstalling the app to no avail.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Aha! Juice Defenderby default disables background data when the screen is off (only enabling it every 15 mins). You'll need to run a customized profile to not disable backround data when the screen is off.

Or just stop using JD... I have to admit I used to use it, but if you control your sync settings and make some tweaks to how you're using some apps such as restricting their notifications, location requests etc you can easily get a day out of most phones now. That's all I need.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

@Silman

It is most likely JD. I've never liked that app - too forceful, and practically useless. Don't trust them 🙂

Check the configuration for automatic data disabling, or better yet uninstall it 😉

Liam

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hi @Silman and welcome to the community 🙂

Are you using Wifi or mobile data? If you're using WiFi, do you have it set to disconnect WiFi when the screen turns off? If so, disable this.

Also, ensure that you don't have 'Restrict Background Data' enabled in your Data Settings menu 🙂

Liam

Hi Liam, thanks for the reply. I am using mobile data. i checked the background setting and it is unchecked. Would you have any other suggestions to try?

Do you have any task managers or data restriction tools installed? Clean Master possibly?

Android Troubleshooting:

Hi Daniel, actually I did have clean master installed but removed it yesterday bc I felt like it made my battery drain faster. I do have juice defender still running. I don't have any other task killers running. But I am rooted and running Titanium backup. Can it be any of those?
Marked as solution

Aha! Juice Defenderby default disables background data when the screen is off (only enabling it every 15 mins). You'll need to run a customized profile to not disable backround data when the screen is off.

Or just stop using JD... I have to admit I used to use it, but if you control your sync settings and make some tweaks to how you're using some apps such as restricting their notifications, location requests etc you can easily get a day out of most phones now. That's all I need.

Android Troubleshooting:
Marked as solution

@Silman

It is most likely JD. I've never liked that app - too forceful, and practically useless. Don't trust them 🙂

Check the configuration for automatic data disabling, or better yet uninstall it 😉

Liam

@Daniel, just disabled JD and presto! Spotify keeps playing when screen times out. Thanks to you and Liam for pointing me to it!

Suggested posts