Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Suddenly cannot play songs offline

Solved!

Suddenly cannot play songs offline

I've been a premium member for over 2 months and have never had problems until a few days ago.

Normally all of my saved songs are indicated as "downloaded" by the green arrow. One day I went into online mode to download a few more songs and suddenly the green arrows disappeared and the app told me that my 200+ songs are not downloaded. I checked my storage and the songs were still technically in my phone storage.

To try and fix the issue, I deleted all storage related to Spotify. I deleted the cache and uninstalled the app.

I re-downloaded the app, logged in, synced, re-downloaded my songs and everything seemed fine (all songs had green arrows after being redownloaded). But as soon as I go offline, the green arrows disappear and the app still claims that my songs are unavailable.

I have tried all troubleshooting methods so far with no success and I have no idea what's going on. Nothing shows up as downloaded. Then after I "download"a few songs again, as soon as I go offline the app doesn't recognize that they are downloaded.

And yes, everything is on internal storage, as it always has been.

Please help

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Ah, when you turn off the available offline button, spotify assumes you're done with the already downloaded songs. So, first of all just dont touch the available offline button. Second, usually spotify will sync the music itself offline for you at some time. I used to have this problem until the app stopped glitching on me and would sync maybe after a few days of some songs being offline. I would suggest you to sign out and back into your account and check. If that doesn't do anything, maybe just wait it out a bit and see if spotify will automatically sync your songs for you. 

Keep vibing and bopping

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Ah, when you turn off the available offline button, spotify assumes you're done with the already downloaded songs. So, first of all just dont touch the available offline button. Second, usually spotify will sync the music itself offline for you at some time. I used to have this problem until the app stopped glitching on me and would sync maybe after a few days of some songs being offline. I would suggest you to sign out and back into your account and check. If that doesn't do anything, maybe just wait it out a bit and see if spotify will automatically sync your songs for you. 

Keep vibing and bopping

Suggested posts