Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Suggested songs

Solved!

Suggested songs

Hello

Im using spotify on my android phone and would like to know if there is any way of disabling these annoying suggested songs. I actually want the ability to choose the music I listen to and that is not possible when it keeps suggesting music i dont want to listen to. The problem is that it suggest 5-7 songs in a row and I always run out of skips before. So Spotify is dictating what i should listen to.

This morning I put on one song I wanted to listen to, but after ½ an hour I still hadnt had to oppotunity to listen to the song and was so close to uninstalling Spotify.

283 Replies

Just had about 5 NSFW/explicit lyric songs play as suggested songs durring the Trolls soundtrack playing for my kids.... smooth Spotify.

Congrats Spotify, youve inspired me to uninstall. I have tried to get along with your stupid suggested songs bullcrap, but no more. I open Spotify, open a playlist with 42 songs on it (one spotify recommended to me, BTW, not one I created), and i select shuffle playlist. Halfway thru the first song, a popup happens, informing me that I have found a premium feature?!?! What the actual F_CK?!?! I didnt even click anything. Now, just suggested songs. All JayZ...Hova is good and all, but Im trying to listen to something to calm me, and S. Carter is all I can listen to. Not exactyl calming music.

I have an Amazon account, but never bothered to even open the music app, because I was happy(ish) with Spotify. But your suggested songs garbage is too big of a pain in the rear. I know i can pay for a premium account, but I dont mind a set of suggested songs if Ive been listening to my stuff for a dozen songs or so. But, interrupting me, halfway thru my first song, when I didnt even click anything, and tell me that simply listening to a song is a premium feature? Thats messed up. Now, I am going to have to find all the junk I dont like about Amazon, because Im dumping Spotify, kicking your sorry app to the curb, where it belongs...with all the other garbage. I used to have similar issues with another app...Remember Slacker? Yeah, neither does anyone else. Welcome to the "Hasbeen" pile Spotify. Guess Im headed over to Amazon, Jerry Maguire style - "Who's coming with me?!?

I agree. This is a deal-breaker for me. Think I'm going to use Google Music instead. 

This issue is labeled as SOLVED but that's not the case. Even the so-called SOLUTION above doesn't specify how to disable this feature. 

I have been listening to the artist's albums, but I keep getting so many suggested songs that don't even relate to what I'm listening to! It is so annoying! Please tell me how to force stop the app! PLEASE

I just deleted the app and transferred my own downloaded music to my phone
via external storage. It was too annoying listening to music I have no
interest in listening to so it's gone.

Why the **bleep** would you REQUIRE variety in playlists?

If I'm listening to the Les Miserables OST, I don't want to hear Sabbaton, Madonna and Jay Z in between songs.

This is garbage, last night I had 9 suggested songs in a row in an 18 song playlist, I literally ran out of skips going through suggested songs.

No, you will never money from me again.

Yeah, I deleted the app. Using my music library transfered from my computer
instead.

Okay guys i just figured out how to listen for free without any adds or suggested songs. Adblocker Plus- totally free to use and one of the most helpful things ever. I don't know if this works on mobile devices yet, you might be able to open spotify in your browser but if i'm not mistaken, when you go to the web browser version on your phone, you are redirected to the app store to download spotify. Maybe there is a way to accomplish this with a jailbroken device?

Okay guys i just figured out how to listen for free without any adds or suggested songs. Adblocker Plus- totally free to use and one of the most helpful things ever. I don't know if this works on mobile devices yet, you might be able to open spotify in your browser but if i'm not mistaken, when you go to the web browser version on your phone, you are redirected to the app store to download spotify. Maybe there is a way to accomplish this with a jailbroken device?

Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 10.18.38 AM.png

I don't even use a playlist. I just listen to the music I saved from the "songs" folder which has at least 30-40 songs. I still get recommended tracks constantly, making it unbearable to listen to the music I actually want to hear.

I have only quite recently started using Spotify regularly after getting a cast off iPhone from my son & he bought me a new iPad, when my laptop was useless. I had never come across this suggested tracks before, as I use the "free" Spotify knew I had to put up with adverts.

I contacted them on twitter & they patronisingly & arrogantly told me "I should have more songs & playlists"! This is nonsense & shows their arrogant attitude. Have come to conclusion that you either hit on another of your own tracks when it happens or give up using them!

I just deleted the app. Anytime I would listen, it would play 2 songs then
a string of 10 unrelated "suggested" songs. I realized I mostly listened to
classical music and the suggestions were so far removed from anything
classical that I deleted the app and downloaded Classical Radio app. It's
very nice. If I want to listen to other music, I transfer my music library
from my PC to my phone. No more spotify.

Hi @marion29. If you check out this FAQ, you'll notice that you can use spotify on the ipad without having to endure "similar tracks", unlike on a mobile phone. Give it a try.

Marked as solution

Try going into your Spotify settings, then to playback, then go down to auto play. When I turned my autoplay off the the suggested songs stopped. Hope this works for others.

It's really selfish and a little desperate for spotify to be doing this for free users. People shouldn't have to pay almost $10 a month for like 5 features, when spotify doesn't even hold as many artists compared to other music applications. Don't get me wrong I love spotify as much as you do Peter, but I think I can speak on behalf of everyone in this topic that this topic is NOT solved, and many spotify customers are unhappy and have left, leaving bad reviews for the company. If you really want to become the #1 music app I would recommend actually taking these customers opinions into consideration. Thanks

Yep deleting app now from mobile and tab and computer will use some thing else to listen to music

I've been a continuous premium subscriber for at least a couple of years and noticed these suggestions started appearing on my playlists a few weeks ago.  These are playlists I've had on my phone for sometime and have built them over the years.  They all have more than 25 songs and they are very specific to what I am doing at the moment (running,  working out,  relaxing,  working on computer) and I don't want them messed with.  My subscription has renewed this month and unless I can figure out how to get rid of these annoying suggestions,  I'll be canceling and moving over to Google Play Music. 

It's been like this since the newest update and I can't stand it. Every time I click on a album and press play it give some suggested track that I don't even have saved. Is this happening to any one else. Can someone show me hot fix this.

Do you have a good app then to transfer songs from your music library on computer to your Android

Try looking in settings maybe you have to turn off something?

Suggested posts