Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Switching to Google All Access due to poor Android support

Switching to Google All Access due to poor Android support

So i am not posting to cuase trouble.... I just really want Spotify to know why i am switching...... The android player is so bad i had to cancel my service a few time in the past just becuase i could bearly stand to use it. The Google player isnt perfect but its so much more friendly then the Spotify player. Its very apparent that the Android Spotify player has very low priority and i am sure your going to lose a lot of bussiness becuase of it. Please take this info to heart and try to step up your game on Android.

10 Replies

@justusiv wrote:

So i am not posting to cuase trouble.... I just really want Spotify to know why i am switching...... The android player is so bad i had to cancel my service a few time in the past just becuase i could bearly stand to use it. The Google player isnt perfect but its so much more friendly then the Spotify player. Its very apparent that the Android Spotify player has very low priority and i am sure your going to lose a lot of bussiness becuase of it. Please take this info to heart and try to step up your game on Android.

Could you provide specifics?

What exactly do you want to see in the mobile client?

I don't work for Spotify, and don't really have much input, but it would be nice to know 🙂

Liam

oh come on i dont need to say the obvious..... The last update fixed quite a few things and they are headed in the right direction but probably only after they relized they are going to have some compitition. I want them to succeed as competition is good.

Glad it's working out for you, but Google's Android app runs **horribly** on my Samsung Galaxy Player. I mean absolutely horribly... worst experience I've ever had with an Android app, and I say that as a huge Google fan. I expected better from them since it's THEIR operating system. lol

Spotify continues to work flawlessly for me.  I was even able to get it to run just fine on a cheap 3-year old Samsung Intercept running 2.2.2. 

By the way, don't expect to be able to delete songs from your device when using Google Music. They took that feature away and apparently haven't put it back.  Choose your music carefully. 😉

I hope whatever you stick with works out well, but don't expect perfection with Google's app as you defintiely will not get it.

Its true it has a few issues also but not to shabby for being a few days old. Honestly biggest grip is not using your sd card for chache. That is just stupid. 

However my point is Spotify you have some real compitition now. If you dont want to get completely rolled over you better step up your game big time!

Competition is always healthy 🙂

I was planning on switching to Google All Access...however, my time with the Android App was pretty disapointing.  Cancelled my subscription after a few days.  Access seemed slower, no way to disable album art to get a pure list, no way to delete playlists from the app, in addition to gaps between tracks and other items.  I'm sticking with Spotify for now, but I'll be checking out Google's product as they continue to update their app.

Google just pushed a patch to fix atleast one of those issues.

I also saw spotify push an update to finally get landscape support

GO GO COMPETITION!

Agreed....competition is a good thing!

I was wondering why a few months ago Spotify was actively looking to hire new developers and programmers all of a sudden.  They obviously got word that both Google and Apple (their version is coming soon) are getting into the streaming music business.  I bet we start seeing all kinds of Android version updates coming along soon!

I tried all access, there are a few things that made me switch back to Spotify after a week.

1) Less non-english music and comedy albums

2) They've explictly stated that you can't save All Access music to your SD Card where Spotify allows you to do  so. On the S4 with limited space, this was the ultimate dealbreaker.

The SD card storage issue was one of many reasons I'm staying with Spotify. Besides the constant hanging and crashing and eternally slow response times, I also didn't have access to the many playlists people have built in Spotify. I didn't have apps that allow for music discovery. I can't use it on iOS (which I use when Android battery dies). There are also no playlist folders.... this drove me NUTS!  I had high hopes for the Google app, but imo Spotify is still the king by a wide margin.

Yes the Google app will probably improve over time, but from my perspective it has *a lot* of catching up to do.

Suggested posts