Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android

Get help for your Android mobile or tablet

Start a topic

Forum Posts

New and Improved Android Widget

Spotify is bringing a new update to the home screen widget on Android devices. This update will help you get more out of it than before. The new widget will make it simpler and faster to access your favourite content on Spotify. So what is changing?H...

Amayy_0-1689082497746.png Marketing_asset (1).png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • hnavia
  • Regular
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 59 replies
  • 23 likes

[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues

Please read below for troubleshooting Spotify on your Android device. This guide contains fixes for most common issues as well as detail on how to create a new topic if you still are having problems. First thing to do before trying anything else is r...

• Community Legend
  • Daniel
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes
  • Android
    Guide
    Troubleshooting
  • 11 replies
  • 50 likes

Solved!! The version of Spotify I have has completely different features than another free user.

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceAndroid PhonesMy Question or IssueMy dad and I both have spotify. I cannot pick songs to play and have to rely on shuffle. My dad can pick songs without issue, and probably doesn't even know that shuffle's an option. We both h...

• Casual Listener
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Next track not playing. HTC Desire HD

Hi folks, I know this has been covered many times, but it is driving me nuts. My device (premium account and streaming music) won't play the next track. However, If I connect my car charger, it does. Don't want to connect the charger every time I wan...

• Regular
  • Hi folks, I know this has been covered many times, but it is driving me nuts. My device (premium account and streaming music) won't play the next track. However, If I connect my car charger, it does....
  • Torgseye
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Kindle Edition apk download

I got a premium subscription now and since I have a Kindle fire tablet lying around, I would like to install Spotify on there. Unfortunately trying to download the apk seems only possible via the Amazon App Store the one that doesn't work for anyone ...

• Visitor
  • I got a premium subscription now and since I have a Kindle fire tablet lying around, I would like to install Spotify on there.   Unfortunately trying to download the apk seems only possible ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! ANDROID TABLET COMPATABILITY

i WOULD LIKE TO INSTALL SPOTIFY ON ANDRIOD TABLET BY NEXTBOOK, ANY SUGGESTIONS? I CON NOT LOCATE IT ON THE DROID MARKET TO DOWNLOAD AND I DONT KNOW HOW TO TRANSFER THE FILE FROM MY PC, IT WORKED FLAWLESSLY TO MY DROID PHONE AND IT WAS SIMPLE. BUT I C...

• i WOULD LIKE TO INSTALL SPOTIFY ON ANDRIOD TABLET BY NEXTBOOK, ANY SUGGESTIONS? I CON NOT LOCATE IT ON THE DROID MARKET TO DOWNLOAD AND I DONT KNOW HOW TO TRANSFER THE FILE FROM MY PC, IT WORKED FLAW...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists partially resync every time i open spotify

Lately i've been loading spotify in the morning and the end few tracks (up to about 10/15 maybe) of playlists decide they aren't synced and download again. This has been happening every time for the past few weeks. I thought it might be to do with no...

• Casual Listener
  • Lately i've been loading spotify in the morning and the end few tracks (up to about 10/15 maybe) of playlists decide they aren't synced and download again. This has been happening every time for the ...
  • myroundbox
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Clearing Recents Kills Queue

First I want to say that I love the Spotify app. It looks great, and 90%, it's super easy to use. My only problem, however, has to do with clearing recent apps in JB. I'm OCD about my phone and what's running. Because of this, basically every time I ...

• Casual Listener
  • First I want to say that I love the Spotify app. It looks great, and 90%, it's super easy to use. My only problem, however, has to do with clearing recent apps in JB. I'm OCD about my phone and what'...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

upgraded to premium, still appearing as free

HiGot premium for free for 3 months through virgin media, downloaded it, logged in through Facebook and it is not showing as premium. Tried logging out and in, uninstall and reinstall, got nothing. Help?

• Casual Listener
  • Hi Got premium for free for 3 months through virgin media, downloaded it, logged in through Facebook and it is not showing as premium. Tried logging out and in, uninstall and reinstall, got nothing....
  • David
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline playlist and External SD

Just got spotify premium today and slightly horrified that I cannot set the playlist to save offline to the external SD (Samsung GS2). Are there any plans to get them to save to external SD. This has to be vital setting for Android (or am I just miss...

• Just got spotify premium today and slightly horrified that I cannot set the playlist to save offline to the external SD (Samsung GS2). Are there any plans to get them to save to external SD.  Th...
  • HrKristian
  • Music Fan
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on android while roaming

Hi, I used to use Spotify on my HTC One S. I have a premium account that I activated in Belgium. Never add any problem until I switch phone for a Galaxy S3. I now live in Russia and while my google play and spotify account are Belgian, there is a res...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi,   I used to use Spotify on my HTC One S. I have a premium account that I activated in Belgium. Never add any problem until I switch phone for a Galaxy S3. I now live in Russia and while ...
  • Vanoosthuyze
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

playing spotify through Audi car speakers via bluetooth

Hi - my phone HTC one connects to my car speakers no problem through Blueotooth. (my phone is paired wit the stero ok). Now I am trying to use Bluetooth to play Spotify also but i keep coming with an error. I am in Spotify and click the share icon, c...

• Music Fan
  • Hi - my phone HTC one connects to my car speakers no problem through Blueotooth. (my phone is paired wit the stero ok).  Now I am trying to use Bluetooth to play Spotify also but i kee...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Support for sdcard2

On my Acer Gallant Duo, the SD card path folder is actually sdcard2. Please add support for a configurable offline/cache folder so I can download playlists to my SD card rather than using valuable internal storage.

• Casual Listener
  • On my Acer Gallant Duo, the SD card path folder is actually sdcard2. Please add support for a configurable offline/cache folder so I can download playlists to my SD card rather than using valuab...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

missing play list

I keep having problmes with my phone when using it ofline some play list just go and i have to retag them, and when playing music on my phone if i stop a song and then pless play nothing happen and i have to go back to my playlist any one have the so...

• I keep having problmes with my phone when using it ofline some play list just go and i have to retag them,   and when playing music on my phone if i stop a song and then pless play nothing happe...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

"no internet connection" issue

I'm having a problem with Spotify where when I'm connected to wifi or I have 4G service in my internet is working fine Spotify keeps telling me that I have no internet connection. Any ideas?

• I'm having a problem with Spotify where when I'm connected to wifi or I have 4G service in my internet is working fine Spotify keeps telling me that I have no internet connection. Any ideas?
  • bobtrew
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Rihanna diamonds

The song Diamonds by Rihanna is not playing. Why? Taken down from Spotify???

• Gig Goer
  • The song Diamonds by Rihanna is not playing. Why? Taken down from Spotify???
  • Gig Goer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

What's New playlists

A few days ago I had the what's new list displaying top playlists, digster top 40 and so on. Now its just what my friends listen to, 7 songs or something like that, on my computor I can see the playlists, but they have dropped down below "friends mos...

• A few days ago I had the what's new list displaying top playlists, digster top 40 and so on. Now its just what my friends listen to, 7 songs or something like that, on my computor I can see the playl...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Tracks play on mobile device only

There are several tracks that play on my Droid device (Samsung G II) but not on my laptop (Toshiba). Does anybody know why this is?

• There are several tracks that play on my Droid device (Samsung G II) but not on my laptop (Toshiba).  Does anybody know why this is?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Folder Structure

On the Android App, folders created on the PC, are not visible. How can I see the folders?

• Casual Listener
  • On the Android App, folders created on the PC, are not visible. How can I see the folders?
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Soundproblems: sudden cracking sound and volume that raises by itself.

Hi! I bought my Samsung galaxy Ace a year ago and immediately installed the spotifyapp (premium). Recently I've had problems with the sound. The song stops and is replaced by a cracking noise. It sounds like when you're playing a cd with scars/scratc...

• Hi! I bought my Samsung galaxy Ace a year ago and immediately installed the spotifyapp (premium). Recently I've had problems with the sound. The song stops and is replaced by a cracking noise. It s...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

pre. account

This is my second time dealing with this problem. I purchase the premium account and wanted to play on demand music but it keeps saying that I have to have the premium. I have the receipt for it and everything and yet it winter me play music. Only cr...

• This is my second time dealing with this problem. I purchase the premium account and wanted to play on demand music but it keeps saying that I have to have the premium. I have the receipt for it and ...
  • licenced
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify on Android - organising tracks alphabetically

Hello I have spotify premium and have the app on my samsung galaxy S2 I have downloaded one of my playlists onto my phone - there are about 500 songs in this playlist. When viewing the plylist on my mobile the tracks come up in the order hich they we...

• Hello I have spotify premium and have the app on my samsung galaxy S2 I have downloaded one of my playlists onto my phone - there are about 500 songs in this playlist. When viewing the plylist on...
  • Weazel
  • Gig Goer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Are deleted playlists automatically removed from phone storage?

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone can confirm that if I delete a playlist that is downloaded to my phone - either via my pc or phone - that the tracks will automatically be removed from the phone's storage? ie I don't have to "undownload" the playli...

• Regular
  • Hi, I was just wondering if anyone can confirm that if I delete a playlist that is downloaded to my phone - either via my pc or phone - that the tracks will automatically be removed from the phone's ...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes