Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Tab at bottom shows wrong track

Tab at bottom shows wrong track

I've encountered a bug in the Spotify mobile app for Android in which the tab at the bottom of the app stops updating when new songs play, leaving it to display whatever song was playing when the glitch occured.

This bug has occured several times a day, every day, for several weeks now. The tab also disappears entirely from time to time, but that is more seldom.

I suppose I should also add that my widget doesn't work anymore. Doesn't show album covers or change tracks or anything 😕

Other than these issues, I really love the update. Beautiful and functional 🙂

Screenshot_2014-05-12-17-25-34.png
4 Replies

Yeah, I've run across both of these bugs a few times too. The disappearing now playing bar in particular is a nuisance, as it only seems to come back if force quitting the app. Thanks for posting!

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

It has begun happening on my girlfriend's phone as well. Having to force quit the app is somewhat common with independent apps but it seems out of place in an app as nice as Spotify.

This is still happening as of 2017. Should be embarrassing for a company as prominent as Spotify. I'm on iOS latest on iPhone 6s with 128gb. What's the issue?

This happens to me most days too, iPhone 5se, surprised the issue goes back so far!!

Suggested posts