Tapping "Storage" won't work and I can't save mey lists to the SD card

Tapping "Storage" won't work and I can't save mey lists to the SD card

Plan

Premium

Device

Samsung Galaxy A7

Operating System

Android

While ago I save all of my list to SD card from the "Storage" in the Options Menu. After the new update all of my downloaded musics/lists are gone.Now I can't tap the "Storage" button.I can save my music to the mobile phones storage but not on my SD Car.

Is there any one can help?

7 Replies

Hey there @YağızTimoçin,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community!

First, we'd suggest performing a clean reinstall of the app on your Android device by following these steps:

1. Head here and click Remove all devices
  2. Go to your Spotify settings, scroll down to Storage and then clear the cache
  3. From the Android home screen, tap Settings > Apps
  4. Find Spotify in your list of apps, tap it and clear the cache and data. Then select Uninstall.
  5. Switch your device off and wait a couple minutes
  6. Switch your device back on
  7. Open the Google Play Store then search for and install the Spotify Music app

If that doesn't help, we'd suggest check the SD card for errors. You can find more on how to do that by searching for instructions depending on your SD card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Hello.

I had exactly the same problem on a galaxy s7. I followed the steps and it worked, but a few hours later, the sd card wasn't recognized again. I followed the same steps again, it worked again, and then failed again.

I have other media files on the sd as well as other apps using it for storage, and they are working correctly.

Any further support?

Try go to Settings>Applications>Spotify

After that give authorization to Memory

That may be the problem

Thanks for the answer!

Yes, after giving permissions it seems that the sd is holding. Let's see how long.

Thanks again!

Hello again!

So yesterday after work it happened again. I openend spotify and the downloaded playslists were gone and so was the option for selecting the storage.

The sd is good, I also use Castbox for podcast on the sd and it's working without problems. My camera saves the photos and videos to the sd and they are perfectly available.

I did all steps (several times), plus giving permissions, but it just worked until next opening of the app.

Support please!

Hello again.

So after two days the sd has started to give problems **bleep** on it.

Sandisk micro sd 64gb. Like 6 months old. Bought on MediaMarkt, so I would say not fake branded. Not fully written even once. Now is dead. 

Here you can see a forum full of happy people with this shitty card:

https://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Mobile-memory-professional-cards/FORMAT-64GB-MICRO-SDXC-PROBLEM/td-p/2...

Don't buy Sandik.

So what is a good sd card to buy? because mines the same and I'm having similar problems
Thanks

Suggested posts