Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ted Talks Daily podcast does not play at all

Ted Talks Daily podcast does not play at all

Plan Premium

Device Huawei Honor 8

Operating System Android 7

My Question or Issue

I can't play any episodes of the podcast on my phone. They are selected for playing as I press play, but they do not play. On my desktop they work without problems. The other 10+ podcasts I listen to play without problems on my phone as well. I have updated Spotify and restarted my phone. What could cause this?

22 Replies

Unfortunately, I have the same problem again today, and I have not noticed any special updates after yesterday. Strange that it was completely gone yesterday, using the same internet and all, not restarting the phone in between either.

Oh no - I was hoping this would just sort itself out for me like you thought had happened for you. The issue may be with my phone which is a reconditioned one and does have the odd glitch. However I have worked around the issue by downloading the Ted Talks Daily app and I listen to the podcasts from there without any problems.

I have the same problem on my iPhone 11. It’s been this way since Mid-March. Please let me know if someone finds a solution. I’m stumped. 

Suggested posts