Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

The Android button to display the current queue no longer works.

Solved!

The Android button to display the current queue no longer works.

Device

Samsung J7

Plan

Premium

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

The button on the Android app for displaying the current queue doesn't work any longer. This just started a day or two ago. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @hemophobe, thanks for posting! 

This is strange, everything is fine on my end. Try some of these steps to see if it will work. 

• Tap it again, it's possible to be something from the touchscreen.
  • Be sure your app is up to date. 
  • You can also go to the queue by clicking the 3 dot menu in the top right corner (song options) and hit Go to Queue button in the top right again. 
  • Restart your phone.
  • Reinstall Spotify - If none of the above seems to work, a clean reinstall often fixes these kind of minor bugs. You can read how to do it here
MartinStoichkovSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Thanks, Martin. I believe your suggestion did the trick.  BTW, I knew the problem was unrelated to touch sensitivity because the queue button was greyed out, indicating the function was unavailable. After I accessed the queue the way you suggested and restarted the phone, the show queue button worked again. For good measure, I then cleared the cache and data and restarted the phone again. After doing that, the "song added to queue" notification started showing, which hadn't been the case since the major app update several weeks ago. (I mistakenly assumed Spotify had removed the notification as part of the update.)

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hello @hemophobe, thanks for posting! 

This is strange, everything is fine on my end. Try some of these steps to see if it will work. 

• Tap it again, it's possible to be something from the touchscreen.
  • Be sure your app is up to date. 
  • You can also go to the queue by clicking the 3 dot menu in the top right corner (song options) and hit Go to Queue button in the top right again. 
  • Restart your phone.
  • Reinstall Spotify - If none of the above seems to work, a clean reinstall often fixes these kind of minor bugs. You can read how to do it here
Marked as solution

Thanks, Martin. I believe your suggestion did the trick.  BTW, I knew the problem was unrelated to touch sensitivity because the queue button was greyed out, indicating the function was unavailable. After I accessed the queue the way you suggested and restarted the phone, the show queue button worked again. For good measure, I then cleared the cache and data and restarted the phone again. After doing that, the "song added to queue" notification started showing, which hadn't been the case since the major app update several weeks ago. (I mistakenly assumed Spotify had removed the notification as part of the update.)

Cool! I'm glad you're all good now : )

Yeah after big updates that also changes the app interface it is possible to be some minor bugs like this. Things like restarting the phone, loggin out and in, clearing the cashe etc.. almost always do the trick.

Suggested posts