Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Too many offline devices... only one phone?

Too many offline devices... only one phone?

Hi,

I'm using the Samsung J3 2016 and am consistently having problems with trying to download my playlists for offline listening in my daily commute. The device will not retain the downloaded music for longer than a few minutes and gives me the message of "you have reached the maximum number of offline devices so we will now remove your downloads". The thing is I'm only using Spotify on this one phone and on my home computer.

I have removed the offline devices through my account at least 4 times in the last week, uninstalled and reinstalled the app twice and even done a full reset of my phone. I have tried to download the Playlists on WiFi then turn Spotify to offline mode in the hopes that it won't recognise the same issue, but without any Internet connection the songs that I downloaded even a few minutes before just won't play. I'm not sure if this is a separate issue or related to the maximum number of devices.

It's causing me so much grief I'm seriously considering deactivating my premium membership and buying an ipod or other music-only device because offline playback is what I started a premium membership for and right now I'm not getting that.

Any help would be appreciated.
2 Replies

Go on Spotify.com -> log in-> Account(overview)
->offline-devices->
delete every device.
Go back and try downloads again

I did that. Then I started downloading it on my first device and checked the offline devices age. It immediately showed 2, not one. The other devices I logged out of are in front of me, switched off. -_-

Suggested posts