Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Toshiba Smart TV No Sound

Toshiba Smart TV No Sound

We just bought a new Toshiba Fire TV and installed the Spotify app, unfortunately, the sound doesn't work at all. We can hear all the other apps (Disney, Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc) but the only app that "plays" without sound it Spotify. We've uninstalled and reinstalled the app, we've disconnected and reconnected a couple of our accounts but nothing works. We tried listening from the app on our Android phone to the tv and still, no sound. It plays (we can see the counter on the tv) but no sound. 

Can someone help?

10 Replies

Hey @MusicfyNicole,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community.

If you have audio problems or if the app is playing without sound on your Fire TV, we'd suggest that you restart the device, reboot your Wi-Fi and make sure that the connection is strong and not interrupted by something.

It's also a good idea to look in your TV's Settings and check if there is a option that should be enabled for Spotify specifically. Check under "Display And Sounds". If you see one - enable it. 

Lastly, we'd recommend that you check for a pending update for your Spotify App. If you see one available - make sure to install it and check if you'll still experience this. Make sure to restart your TV if you'll be performing this action.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi Lyubka! 

Thanks for trying to help me troubleshoot this issue. I've taken your advice and have updated with the results below:

Advice: If you have audio problems or if the app is playing without sound on your Fire TV, we'd suggest that you restart the device, reboot your Wi-Fi and make sure that the connection is strong and not interrupted by something. 

Answer: We have the tv wired directly to our router so we're not using Wi-Fi on it. We have fiber internet and all the apps work perfectly on the tv other than the Spotify app which loads but won't play sound. 

Advice: It's also a good idea to look in your TV's Settings and check if there is a option that should be enabled for Spotify specifically. Check under "Display And Sounds". If you see one - enable it. 

Answer: I checked and while we have "Display and Sounds" we don't see a way to enable Spotify or any other particular app. 

Advice: Lastly, we'd recommend that you check for a pending update for your Spotify App. If you see one available - make sure to install it and check if you'll still experience this. Make sure to restart your TV if you'll be performing this action.

Answer: We did check for updates but there are none. We even went as far as uninstalling and reinstalling the Spotify app and it will open, allow us to select a song, but the song will "play" without any sound coming out. We tried different songs and different lists. 

This is a brand new tv set. We purchased it new from Best Buy and set it up less than a week ago. All the other apps such as Netflix, Hulu, Disney, etc all play with sound. We even tried the Amazon Music app and it works perfectly sound and all! I'm sorry to say, it just appears something is wrong with the Spotify app at this point. There's nothing else we can do on our end to make it work that I can tell. Do you have any other advice for us? Is there another group within Spotify that this can be escalated to so they can troubleshoot the app itself on Toshiba Fire TVs? 

Hey there @MusicfyNicole

Thanks for your reply. 

In this case, could you make sure the firmware of your Toshiba TV is up to date? 

You just need to follow these steps:

• Make sure your TV is connected to the internet.
  • Go to Settings > Device & Software > About.
  • Click on Install System Update.

Let us know how it goes. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Hi Eni!

There was in fact a firmware update and I successfully installed it but Spotify is still not working right. Now I've noticed it will "play" 6 seconds of a song before moving to another song - all still without sound. I've tried using different accounts in my family (we have Premium) but none of our accounts are working correctly on the tv. 

Say for instance I select a 4 minute song. It starts to play (with no sound) for 6 seconds before it automatically moves down the list to the next song and it does the same thing. It will play without sound for 6 seconds then another song queues up and starts it's 6 second silence. It's almost as if the app is silently "testing" each song without giving us a way to listen to the song and play it for the entire time. 

Is there another setting either on the app or the tv that can fix both of these issues? (no sound and now only playing 6 seconds of a song) 

I’ve found that if you set the song to loop and then let it play it will go past the 6 second mark. This is great except for the fact that I have the same issue with there being no sound so it still doesn’t exactly help. 

It's working! No idea what changed but I'm able to play the songs in their entirety with no issues. Yay!

i am having the exact same issue!!

Any idea what changed I'm having the same issue of no sound with my Toshiba tv & Spotify

Me too, the Spotify plays song without sound and the music stops after 10 seca.... Very annoying

I have a Toshiba  FIRE TV 

Hey folks,

Thanks for all your replies here and for the info shared.

Would you mind sharing with us the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far? That way we can avoid repeating any steps.

On another note, we'd suggest you reinstall the app on your devices. We'd recommend uninstalling the app, then performing a soft reset of the TVs (switch them off and then back on). After that, install Spotify again to see if you notice any changes to this behavior.

Would you mind sending us the exact Spotify version you're running on your TVs? We'd suggest you look for any possible firmware updates. Yu can follow the steps proposed by @Eni here.

If this behavior persists, it'd be great if you sent us a short video recording of what's happening, so we can better visualize what you're mentioning. You can attach the videos in your next reply in mp4 format, or you can also upload them to YouTube or Google Drive and make them public, so we can watch them.

Keep us in the loop!

AlejaRModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts