Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Tracks Skipping/Pausing on Android

Tracks Skipping/Pausing on Android

Hey all,

I have been ignoring this issue for about a month now hoping it would go away, but it hasn't, so here I am! I've been having issues with tracks skipping - like a CD player when you go over that huge bump in your old car. Not skipping whole tracks, but pausing for just long enough to throw off my grove. It seems to happen to most any song - sometimes I can get through one with no skips, and sometimes not. The skips don't even happen in the same spot every time - if I rewing back to before the skip, it will go past the last area it skipped without doing it again. It's frustrating because even downloaded playlists do this - so it's likely not a network/buffering issue. The issue is present on wwifi as well. My streaming quality is set to 'High' and my download quality is set to 'Extreme'.

So, tl;dr: Spotify tracks are skipping/pausing momentarily, randomly - even for downloaded playlists - on network and wifi.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Spotify Version:1.1.0.113

Android Version: 4.4.2 KitKat

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Network: T-Mobile

App+Data On SD Card

Happens on Bluetooth

Troubleshooting done:

1) Clear data, relogin, redownload songs (twice - one with the app change, then once more after)

2) Post on the forum asking for help 🙂

40 Replies

Same issue here. It started right after upgrade to Android 5, galaxy S5

@arixcg wrote:

You may find this thread useful:https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/PLEASE-READ-Android-5-x-Lollipop-Distorted-playback-so...

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

@Daniel wrote:

@arixcg wrote:

You may find this thread useful:https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/PLEASE-READ-Android-5-x-Lollipop-Distorted-playback-so...

Thanks Daniel, but the option is unchecked and the problem is still there. Tried with that option checked too but still the same. Any other thought?

@arixcg wrote:

@Daniel wrote:

@arixcg wrote:

Thanks Daniel, but the option is unchecked and the problem is still there. Tried with that option checked too but still the same. Any other thought?

Can you give more detail about your device? Are you rooted and running a custom ROM/Kernel? If so, try changing Selinux to permissive instead of enforced.

If not, a clean install may help.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Can you give more detail about your device? Are you rooted and running a custom ROM/Kernel? If so, try changing Selinux to permissive instead of enforced.

If not, a clean install may help.

It's a Samsung Galaxy S5, SM-G900H, running original ROM android 5.0 build LRX21T.G900HXXU1BOA7. I'll try the selinux and if that is not enough a clean install. Then I'll get back with the news.

Thanks!

Hi guys, same infuriating problem here... I've been putting up with it for weeks hoping it was a temporary issue, but it's still bugging me.

I've got a Samsung Note 3, Android 4.4.2 and Spotify 2.2.0.636. I'm only listening to 'Offline' play lists, but it does it when I'm online too.

The songs may stop playing for less than a second, for a few seconds, or until I press 'Next'.

I love the concept of Spotify, but the quality and execution is pretty hit and miss...

Hey!

I have experiences something similar, though I find that reinstalling the app helps for a bit (like 3 to 5 weeks). It is worse when I play online, but I usually don't have the problem because my ISP isn't very good. This is going to sound pretty basic, but have you tried reinstalling?

Keep the party going! Please accept solutions if they helped with your question! I am not an official spotify representative, just another user trying to help out. 🙂

I have both reinstalled and cleared the cache/data, to no avail.

It happened this morning, but I just dealt with it for a bit, and then rebooted my device. I haven't had a problem with it since. I'm sorry I couldn't be of assistance. 😞 For some reason, it works for me.
Keep the party going! Please accept solutions if they helped with your question! I am not an official spotify representative, just another user trying to help out. 🙂

This is happening to me also.

Out of the box Nexus6 Android 5.0.1

Latest Spotify

Sounds like a skipping CD. WIFI or LTE connection both.

Ditto, it's annoying. I've been a paid subscriber for years now and never had any issues until this - now. It's definately since my device went from KitKat to Lollipop. I have an HTC One M7 and a brand new 1 day old HTC One M9, but have been given a hard reset and had NuPlayer disabled in Dev Options, but both still suffer from the occaisional skip/hop/jump when playing back via BlueTooth - tried a few devices (all aptx compatible) and they all do the same.

Same problem with me. Gets me all nostalgic for using an early discman on a middle school bus. It's been doing this for a long time and I'm about ready to cancel and go to Google Music.

Nexus 5, T-Mobile, City use

5.1 Android

Spotify 2.5.0.942

Having the same, intermittent albeit, issues.

Phone will start playing music by itself, but then pauses and plays rapidly over and over. Even closing spotify on phone does not work, it just opens itself again. Had to uninstall to stop it.

Sony Xperia Z3 running lollipop 5.0.2

I ended up cancelling my subscription since the issues were so bad. While the issue is most likely throttling by T-Mobile, Spotify's app doesn't seem to be handling it well at all (what with the skipping songs).

I can't really blame Spotify - it really sucks I have to cancel. I'm moving off T-Mobile soon, too, so hopefully wherever I go don't secretly throttle Spotify 😞

Im experiencing the pauses however my bigger problem is songs randomly skipping on wifi or mobile with full 4G LTE bars

So bummed & tired of it! Love Spotify, except for this. Got a nice new JBL bluetooth speaker & it's ruining it!

I've been experiencing these hiccups all the time and I'm a premium user. It's annoying and I hope Spotify fix this.

It's been happening to me too. Every single time I use spotify. Just started doing it 3 days ago and it's really annoying. I signed up for premium but I will cancel that if it keeps happening.

Same here. The support team has cleared duplicate caches and refreshed. However it wasn't doing this before the Android 6.0.1 (marshmallow) update from Android 5.0.1 (lollipop)

Spotify version 7.2.0.1250

Software version 6.0.1

Motorola Droid Turbo XT1254

Same here when I upgraded from Lollipop to Marshmallow.

Suggested posts